May 9, 2021

Sunday - Lovely and sunny early on, rainy at night


I got up this morning a bit late. I went to bed late. F wasn’t doing too well at night, he was a little better today. I checked with him to see if he really did want to go to see the movie and he said he did. He went and gave his mother some brunch, I slept a little longer. We went out around 11:30 or so and went to our favourite place, Arpeggio. 


We were able to get in right away and ordered the same thing for lunch. We had the ten-item tray, F likes it a lot. I like it, but can sometimes feel that it isn’t quite enough food! After our meal, we left and then we drove to the mall in Mikawa.  We went to the cinema right away and bought our tickets to see Nomadland. We got some popcorn and drinks and then went in to see the film.  This was the busiest that I have seen a movie in Mikawa in ages. We were all distanced, masked and there was a lot of cold air circulating through the cinema so I felt okay. Obviously, people wanted to see this film!


It was great. Both F and I enjoyed it and I thought Frances McDormand was as excellent as always. She was fearless in this character.  


After the film, we left the cinema. F had an appointment at 4:30 in Tsuruoka but we had some time before we had to leave the mall. We went to Baskin Robbins and had ice cream. I had a coupon on my app so it was a little bit cheaper. 


Around 4 I suggested to F that we get moving back to the city. We did go and then on the way he started panicking about the time. I think we made it. He dropped me off at S-Mall and then went off to his massage place. 


I hacked around the mall. I bought a few things at the hundred yen shop and then looked in a couple of other shops, but ended up soon in Doutor.  I had a glass of rooibos and waited for F while I read part of my book. The book was great and F came in a little while later. I gave him my card and he gave me some money on it and got himself a drink too. Yay him!


We had to decide about dinner. I’d read something on Facebook about ordering from Pizza Hut, so I suggested checking out the one in the mall. F didn’t think his mother would like it, but I said we could just look at the menu and if there was nothing it was okay, we’d go elsewhere. Well, on the menu there were a few different dishes that would be fine for F and K, and even me with my tomato allergy. We ended up ordering some rice dishes and then a small pizza.  We brought them all back to the house and ate. It was quite nice and we all enjoyed it for a change. 


I did the few dishes and then came upstairs. F watched a bit of TV and then came up later and went to sleep fairly early. 


Tomorrow I’m off to Mikawa mall early on. I’m hoping to meet one of my friends at the mall after she finishes work. It’ll be the first time to see her without dear hubby in ages!


That’s it for me. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day…until tomorrow….

No comments: