May 10, 2021

Monday - Cloudy, then sunny.


I had a great time, but it didn’t start all that way. F woke me up this morning to tell me that his aunt and uncle would come by and pick up his mother. He said that she would be back before I leave.  I needed more sleep, so I tried to go back to sleep. I didn’t manage.


I dragged myself out of bed and then got dressed. I decided that I’d wear leggings and a long shirt. I’ve never worn the leggings for more than a couple of hours before, so I packed another pair of pants and a sweater too in case I got cold in the mall. My backpack was full!


I came downstairs early and got ready to leave. The doorbell rang just as I got there and it was F’s aunt and uncle.  I couldn’t really stay and chat, K took the flowers they brought and then disappeared. I wanted to say goodbye to her, but I had to leave.  


I walked to the bus stop. It’s a bit far, but I had left early so I didn’t have to stress this morning. Yay. I got there in lots of time for the bus. In fact, I was able to take off my hat and my jacket and I put them in my backpack too. My backpack was stuffed.


The bus ride to the mall was uneventful and rather fun. I looked out the window and just enjoyed myself rather than reading. 


When I got to the mall I did a little window shopping and didn’t buy anything. I decided I’d have lunch soon so went to a restaurant I don’t go to very much and had a grilled chicken salad and an order of French Fries. I got drink bar with that too, and foolishly decided to have two cups of coffee. I finished my novel while I was in the restaurant too. It wasn’t busy, so don’t think I was keeping a table from other customers.


I did a little more window shopping and looked at the women’s clothing in Aeon. I decided if I still felt like it I’d try some things on later.


A little after 3 pm I met my friend and we did a little shopping for her and then went to Doutor where I bought us each a glass of rooibos tea. We had a great chat about movies and books and Netflix and all kinds of things. It was wonderful. 


Sadly, she had to leave so I walked her to the entrance of the mall and let her go.  I headed back to Aeon and did try on a couple of dresses but they were a bit too tight for me. I didn’t buy anything. 


F texted me that he’d get off work at his usual time, so I was glad.  We finally were able to meet up and we went to Mister Donut and had cafe au lait and doughnuts. After we finished there, we went and picked up a few things from the grocery store for dinner. I didn’t want any fried food, so I got some summer rolls with chicken, salmon and shrimp. F picked up some bentos for him and his mother, and we also got some tsukune for dinner too. 


We drove back to Tsuruoka and came back to the house. K was still up so we had our dinner together. It was okay. I liked my dinner and I even turned down F when he asked if I’d like some of his tempura.  


I got to do the dishes of course and then I came upstairs. I had a quiet time for a while and then I went downstairs and took a shower. After that, I came back to the room and watched The Good Wife and followed that with the news from this afternoon. 


That’s about it for my day. It was a really nice day. It was so enjoyable to get out of the house by myself and have some plans for the day. I also have missed seeing my friend by herself as recently we have just been with her children and my husband. All nice people of course, but it was nice to have her to myself!


Come back later if you will and hear all about my Tuesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: