June 12, 2021

Saturday - Hot and muggy


Last night we both went to bed rather late. It was just starting to get light when we went to sleep.


I woke up early but did go back to sleep. It got hot in our room rather early, so I did manage to sleep but woke up a bit sweaty. Yuck.  I think Japanese summer is here a bit early.


F made brunch for his mother and then we went out for ours. I suggested going to the little restaurant up the road, so we went there. We had to sit at the counter for a few minutes but they moved us when a table came free.  F had chicken curry and I had the baguette lunch. Mine was nice, but all the fillings in the sandwich kept falling out. F didn’t really like his. It was quite spicy! 


After lunch, we did some driving around. F wanted to find some places that he’ll have to drive to during the week. It felt a bit like we were driving around in circles at a couple of points, but finally, he was happy.  We hit up a couple of places on the way back to Tsuruoka. One was a grocery store for drinks and the other was a drugstore for house supplies and toilets! After that, F just brought us back to the house. I wasn’t terribly pleased, but it was okay really. Oh, yes, we got to go to one more drugstore in Tsuruoka first. 


At the house, we just relaxed for a while. F had asked me if I’d go and look at fireflies today and I was okay with that. I did think it was a tad early, but apparently, there are different types of fireflies and some do their thing early. Around 6 pm F went off to the grocery store to grab something for K’s dinner. I had suggested that he bring us a snack or something, so he brought us some onigiri. 


F made K’s dinner and heated up the onigiri for us. They were nice. I’m not a huge rice fan, but I do enjoy onigiri once in a while. 


We left here around 7:30 and drove out to the local firefly spot. We parked and walked way, way back into the trees. We got there around 8 pm and we waited for a while. F was bugging me because he was turning on his light and using his phone. It took quite a while for my eyes to adjust back to the dark.  I finally saw one, over the rest of the time we were there, we saw about 6 I think. It could have been the same one going around the area 6 times!


Around 9 pm we left the area. We drove back to Tsuruoka and had dinner at Gusto. It was busy, but okay.  I had beef on bean sprouts, it was supposed to be spicy but wasn’t really.  F had noodles that he said afterwards weren’t that great. We shared an order of fries and both had drink bar. We also got our second set of their free plates. Yay us!


We came back to the house and relaxed a bit more. I watched a bit of TV from the DVR and then turned off the TV. I recorded a movie that I hope I can watch next week. 


Well, that’s about it for me. I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I hope it is exciting! Or fun. I’d be happy with interesting. Come back later if you like and hear all about my Sunday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: