June 11, 2021

Friday - Hot and muggy and hot


I woke up early again, F had already left. I went downstairs and then came back upstairs and slept a little longer. 


I got up and watched some of the news. I think I watched a bit of YouTube too. Nothing too exciting today. I grabbed breakfast before 11 for a change, ate it before then too. Wow! I did a bit of mending today. I fixed a hole in my pant pocket and something else too. I


When I went downstairs to get my lunch, I made K a plate of food too. She got the leftover chicken nuggets, some salad and a bit of chicken and the leftover stir-fry.  She seemed happy.


I ate my lunch and then, yes, you guessed it, I watched an episode of The Walking Dead. Today's was a bit scary and it didn’t end well for a lot of people. Some of my favourite characters are in jeopardy. Yikes. 


I went downstairs after 5:30 to start working on dinner. Today it was a simple one, just pasta. I wasn’t sure if F would join us, but he called tonight to say he was on his way back. I asked if he would eat dinner with us and he said yes. 


Dinner was quite good. It was a fairly simple one, but after a week of making nice meals, I deserve a simple one! I did the dishes afterwards, and after listening to the news, I listened to a couple of chapters of The Secret Garden. I am enjoying that one a lot.


I came upstairs and relaxed for a while. F came up later and even later he took his shower first and then I did. I also finished reading my latest novel. It was a vampire story based in Toronto. I quite liked it. It was called Bitten & Smitten(Book 1) in the Immortality Bites series. 


We just relaxed this evening. It’s quite hot up here. It hit 30℃ today, which is just too hot for me. I dislike running the AC, but I will have to do it soon. I wish there was a nearby coffee shop or nice place where I could go for a while in the afternoons. Sadly, there isn’t. 


So, that’s it for my day. F seems to be a bit nicer and we actually hugged and kissed when he came back to his house.  I still haven’t forgiven him for the comment he made earlier in the week, however, but I want to have a decent weekend!  


No idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow.  I hope it has something to do with being cool! Come back later if you like and hear all the things that happened. Until tomorrow….

No comments: