June 14, 2021

 Monday - Cooler and muggy, rainy at night, and thunderstorms!


I woke up before 7 am this morning. F had got up and I don’t know that he woke me up, but I was surprised that he came back into the room. I went downstairs too and then went back to bed. I fell back asleep and didn’t wake up again until a lot later. 


I had a quiet morning, which was fine. I got up and dressed finally, then went downstairs to grab my breakfast. K came into the kitchen and asked me if she could have one of the half-ice creams in the freezer. I suggested that she have some yogurt, but she didn’t want it. She wanted ice cream. I told her it was fine. I mean, she’s 80 something….I hope I can have ice cream for breakfast when I’m 80ish too.


I watched a bit of TV news and took a tiny bit of a nap, and then watched some YouTube. I went downstairs to grab my lunch. I also heated up Friday’s leftover pasta and offered it to K. I had a little bit of it too and it was fine. 


I watched the news and then a bit of a Japan-centric programme. It is so self-congratulatory about Japan that I get a bit shirty at it! F called me in the middle of it and said he was on his way back. I went downstairs and started on dinner. 


Tonight, I did rather a nice meal in my opinion. I washed lettuce for a salad, that I added in part of a cucumber and some green onion as well. I made potato salad, baked some chicken and also made a spicy cucumber pickle.  When I put things on the table, F told me that he wasn’t feeling too well. He’s had a lot of stomach problems lately. I suggested he just eat what he felt like, and I wouldn’t hold it against him. He ate quite a bit and even grabbed some rice for himself. K ate quite well, and had a couple more pieces of chicken than I did!


Most of the things disappeared so after dinner I put the few extras away and then got stuck into the dishes. I listened to a couple of podcasts while I did them. F came in and told me he’d like to take a walk. He did invite me, but I didn’t want to go. By the time I finished the dishes I’d been standing on my feet for an hour and I didn’t want to go out. 


He went out, over to the park and did a walk around the place. I came upstairs and relaxed.  When F came back he came bearing ice cream, which was a lovely treat! There’s an ice cream vending machine just across from the park.  


We had a quiet evening in. I watched The Good Wife which was rather good and troubling. After it was over I watched an episode of Songland that I had recorded over the weekend. Then, the TV was turned off.


Basically, that was it for the evening. Tomorrow, F is off work. He’s taking his mother in to get her first vaccine shot. He reminded her at dinner and she said she didn’t want it. Argh! She’s having it!  I also suggested that F go and see his doctor tomorrow as he’s not doing well. I tried to remind him today that when the weather is hot he needs to be extra careful about things like food. He can’t eat things that have been out of the fridge for too long or sitting out in the grocery store. 


And that’s about it for the day. I hope that tomorrow goes well and that K doesn’t have a bad reaction to her vaccine. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: