June 15, 2021

Tuesday - Muggy and then hot and sunny


Today was an interesting day. Most of it was quite good, but it wasn’t one of my usual days in.  F was up before me to get ready to go out. He was taking his mother to the clinic to get her first Covid Vaccine shot. I had suggested that he go a bit early so that he would be able to park his car. He had said he would leave today at 8:30 am.  


I woke up and had to go downstairs. They were still here at 8:30.  At 8:50 or so, F comes running upstairs to look for the papers he had to take to the doctor’s clinic. He couldn’t find them. He found them in the kitchen. Around 9 he came upstairs and started frantically looking for his phone. I called him to see if we could find it that way. Couldn’t find it. I tried to gently remind him that it didn’t matter if he had his phone, he had to get going. He was in such a tither. Finally, around 20 after 9, they left.  


I went downstairs to take care of something personal. I thought about calling his phone to see if it was downstairs in the house but decided not to as if it was in the car, he shouldn’t answer the phone. I was just setting my phone down when it rang. F had found his phone when the doctor’s office called to make sure that they were still coming. Oh dear heavens. Why on earth was hubby so disorganized this morning?


I finished my personal stuff, then did a spot of cleaning. I grabbed K’s vacuum and vacuumed the fans in the bathroom and the toilet room. I also vacuumed a bit around the area too. Yay me.


They came back just when I had finished. I went upstairs and F came up a bit later too. We relaxed for a while and then we went out for lunch. F wanted his fish restaurant, I was hoping for the aquarium.  We went to the fish restaurant and it was open.


We both had the same thing, the daily lunch. It featured ginger pork and sashimi. It was pretty good. I was happy it wasn’t all fish, I’m not sure if F was though!


Over lunch, I suggested going to the nearby electric shop so I could get a new pair of headphones. I’d put mine on last night and they weren’t stereo anymore. Boo! F was okay with that idea and so we went and got some money first. 


We went to the electric shop and I found my new headphones. They are quite nice, and not as expensive as I thought they would be. I thought, well, I’m here and I have some cash, so I might as well get a new hard disk for backing up my computer. I have one, but it is quite old and I’ve had a bit of trouble with it lately. Time for a new one I decided. Then, I also picked up an Apple Itunes card for good measure. 


We went for a coffee next. F wanted to go to Komeda Coffee again, so off we went.  We both just had iced decaf coffee. F was a bit under the weather, so he asked if we could go. 


We went to the nearby grocery store and I picked up some groceries for the next couple of days. I’m not sure how, but I ended up going a different way than normal and I forgot some of the things that I wanted to buy. Oh no! There were people lined up for something and F told me that it was a lineup for cheaper eggs! After 4 pm eggs were discounted or something. He wanted to get in the line for a minute, but it stretched all the way to the other side of the store! 


We came back to the house and relaxed again. F and I had a bit of a nap but I suggested that he go down around 6:30 to prepare dinner. Yup, tonight, F was on cooking duty. His dish was hiyashi chuuka, the cold ramen thing.  It was fun for me to just let him go.


He called me down and we ate. It was a bit later than 7 pm, but oh well. I often miss the mark a bit. K liked the food very much, as did F. I’m afraid that I didn’t. There was an almost sulphuric smell to the plate that really put me off it. I ate it all but didn’t have any seconds. I felt really bad for F, but I just didn’t like the meal. 


I let F do all the cleaning up and I didn’t help at all. I felt like I wanted to, but I wanted him to understand how I feel when no one helps me. I enjoyed my time upstairs.


F and I went out for a few groceries that I had forgotten or wasn’t able to get. I got a few things and then we came back to the house. 


After putting things away, and a little relaxation time, I took a shower. When I came back, I watched my FBI but then I turned off the TV. 


And that was my day. It was quite good. Poor F is back to work tomorrow and I’ll be here in this hot house. I’ll also be on cooking duty tomorrow night. Oh yeah. Come back later if you like and hear about my Wednesday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: