June 16, 2021

 Wednesday - Hot and Sunny


I woke up when my alarm went off this morning and made my trip downstairs. I came back up afterward and watched news. I managed to stay awake for the news, but when I put on the really early news I recorded, I watched a bit, but snoozed after that. Sigh. 


I got dressed and went downstairs. I made myself breakfast this morning, a proper one.  I had oatmeal that I made in the microwave. It was quite nice. It was nice to have a warm breakfast even though this was a hot day!


I watched a few videos on YouTube and then watched a bit of Legend on cable. It was terrible! Tom Cruise does not make a good Puck! I went downstairs to get my lunch later and so I missed the middle of the movie. Or, really, I didn’t miss it, I just didn’t watch it. 


After lunch I put on another episode of The Walking Dead. This was the last episode of season six. It was pretty awful actually. I will probably catch the next episode tomorrow,  I just hope I can watch it. 


F called me after he finished work and then I went downstairs and got a start on dinner. I was busy tonight. I put together a salad, then made an eggplant dish and put it in the fridge to cool. I scrubbed some potatoes and put them on to boil. Finally, as the potatoes were nearly ready, I started to cook the meat. Earlier in the day I had made a marinade for it, so it was very flavourful. 


I set the table and called F down. I asked him to get his mother up. She’d gone to bed around dinner time. Maybe she thought there wouldn’t be dinnertime? 


We ate and dinner was awesome. The potatoes were excellent, new potatoes with dill and garlic, the meat was nice, the eggplant was yummy and so was the salad. K had three helpings of potatoes, so I know that she liked them!


I put the leftovers in the fridge and got stuck into the dishes. I listened to the Canadian news and then my British movie programme. I enjoyed both.


F went out for a walk and I relaxed upstairs. I was so hot that I put on a dress! It was cooler.


We had a quiet evening in. I watched a bit of TV at 11 pm and then turned off the TV. I spent a bit of time reading a book on my phone. I’ve started reading a lot of free books on my phone. They aren’t great literature, but some are quite fun. 


Anyway, that was my day. I had an okay day today. It was terribly hot today, I am getting worried about what the next couple of months are going to be like. Yikes.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Thursday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: