June 17, 2021

Thursday - Sunny and so hot


I woke up this morning before my alarms went off. That was cool. I made a trip downstairs and then came back up and watched the news on the TV. I snoozed a bit when it was over, but rallied enough  to watch the early news I’d recorded. I kind of fell asleep on it too. 


I rallied a bit later and got up and did a load of laundry. I hung it up in the room and watched a bit of YouTube again. 


I had quite a quiet day today. I went downstairs to grab my lunch and gave K some of yesterday’s leftovers. She was happy, but I’m wondering if she’d eaten earlier. I came upstairs and ate my lunch. It was nice today. I had some of the leftovers too.


I got stuck into the seventh season of The Walking Dead, and it was terrible. Gruesome and two regular cast members were offed. The show is getting more and more dark. I’m not sure how much more I can watch. Sigh. 


I watched the news at 4 pm and then around 5:30 I got a call from F saying that he was still working and wouldn’t be done for a while. I told him it was okay. I went downstairs to start getting ready for dinner.


Tonight I did myself proud in my opinion.  We had a cucumber salad, an eggplant/mushroom/onion/zucchini stir-fry and some veggies and hummus. It got pretty good reviews and there are even leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch. Woot. 


I did the dishes of course and listened to the Canadian news and then a couple of chapters of The Secret Garden. It was lovely to listen to it, it felt relaxing after the rest of the day!


F and I went out to pick up some groceries tonight. I picked up some salads and another duck breast for tomorrow’s dinner. It’s already cooked, I just have to slice it. 


We came back to the house and I took a shower. I’ll probably have to take another one tomorrow night too. F told me about a problem today. He may have to work on Saturday. Unfortunately I have a dental appointment on Saturday morning and F is supposed to take me. I looked at bus routes and there isn’t anything that will take me close as many busses don’t run on Saturday. Boo! I may have to go by taxi. F did suggest that I ride my bike, but upon checking the weather, I discovered that it is supposed to rain that day. Stay tuned and find out what I do!


I watched an episode of Leonardo tonight. That’s another dark show where many people die. 


So, that’s it for me. Tomorrow I may chat with a friend and I’ll be cooking dinner again. I’ll likely watch an episode of The Walking Dead in the afternoon. Probably!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: