June 18, 2021

Friday - Sunny and very warm, muggy


My day got off to an odd start.  I heard my mother-in-law calling me. I thought I had overslept and there was some mail for me. I yelled, “Hai!”, sat up in bed and then yelled,”Chotto matte.” F sleepily asked me if I heard something. I told him I heard his mother yelling for me. I had just woken up and it was really bright in the room. I looked at the clock but I didn’t really see it if that makes sense. I went downstairs looking for K, but I didn’t see her. Her bedroom door was closed. I felt quite disoriented. F came down a couple of minutes later and asked me if I was okay. Apparently, I had dreamed the whole thing! It was 5:15 in the morning and then I went back to sleep. I don’t think I’ve ever done this before!


I ended up waking a little late, went downstairs and then came back and watched the end of the news. I watched the news I had recorded earlier on too. 


I had breakfast, watched a little bit of YouTube and then took a nap! I got up and then grabbed my lunch. I needed to eat early today because I was going to have a video chat with a friend of mine at 2:30. I had a nice lunch and I even prepared some of the leftovers from last night for K. I went upstairs and then ate, then after a couple of false starts, connected with my friend.


We had a great chat for a couple of hours. I really was glad to have contact with someone else for a while. I’ve been too much alone lately and starting to turn into a hermit again. 


When we rang off, I watched the news.  I watched the end and then started it again. F called around 5:30 to say that he was on his way and he didn’t have to work tomorrow. Yay for that. 


I went downstairs and started on dinner. I didn’t get far before F came back, but dinner wasn’t a hard one today. It’s Friday, so I made gnocchi for a bit of a change. I used a sauce from the grocery store on top of it, we had it with sliced duck breast, salad, a cucumber salad and leftovers from yesterday. Dinner was good and most of the food disappeared. I gave us all frozen treats afterwards. 


I did the dishes and did my usual listening to podcasts and books. I enjoyed myself a bit. It is nice to get everything clean and put away. (I’m not sure who just wrote that….)


I came upstairs, changed into something cooler and then watched an episode of Mythic Quest on Apple TV+, it was quite funny.


I took a shower and then came back upstairs. F was mostly asleep. He’s not sleeping well these days and it is so hot up here that I can’t blame him. 


And that was my day. Tomorrow I have a dental appointment in the morning and then we might go see a movie or something. There are two, count them, two movies in English nearby. I’d see either, but I’d prefer the scary one! 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


 

No comments: