June 19, 2021

Saturday - Rainy and cloudy


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I pulled myself out of bed and after a bit turned on my computer and caught up with the world. F was downstairs giving his mother breakfast. I helped myself to some cereal and when F came back upstairs suggested that he get dressed. He was a bit of a grumpy bear and mentioned that I wasn’t dressed yet either.  True enough, but I had my clothes planned out and they were in a pile that I just had to grab and put on. I did so and it didn’t take much time at all.


We left the house just after 11 am but F needed to go to the bank first. He did so and then we went to my dentist’s office. We didn’t have to wait too long and we were shown into one of the rooms. I was prodded and checked and she had a discussion with F about my future but I didn’t get my fluoride treatment today. She wants me to come back in September. I’m a little ticked off since I thought it would be today. We were out of the office very quickly and happily, it didn’t cost much, but it was a tad annoying. I am glad that I didn’t pay for a taxi to get there as the taxi would have cost more money!


F and I had lunch in Naa, the farmer’s restaurant. We both had the 2 entree lunch which was pretty good. I had grilled cod with mine while F had hata-hata. Our meat dish was the same, pork shabu-shabu. As always, the things I like there the most were the veggie side dishes. 


We drove back to Tsuruoka and were going to go to Doutor in the mall but F missed the turn. We ended up going to the Starbucks complex. We visited a bookstore first and then went into Starbucks. I was going to get a decaf latte, but then I saw a new drink, a chocolate tea cake Frappuccino, so I had that instead. So did F! It was good, but I’m not sure if I’d bother again. 


We came back to the house for a while. I took a nap as I couldn’t keep my eyes open but got up around 6 pm. F got his mother a bento for her dinner, but we went off to the Mikawa Mall.


We bought our movie tickets first and then had our dinner. F went to the Udon place and I went to the bibinba place. At my place, I could get a free drink if I showed my movie ticket, so that’s why we did it in that order. 


After a yummy dinner (well, mine was anyway!) we went into Jusco and did a bit of shopping. Or we tried to. I was looking for something to wear for work next month. I didn’t find very much. I even looked in the men’s department but there wasn’t anything that fit properly or that I liked. 


We walked back towards the cinema since time was winding down. F was in one of his moods where he had no idea what to do in the 20 minutes before the show, so I mentioned the Space Age massaging chairs along the way. For 300 yen we could get a massage for 12 minutes. We each grabbed a chair and actually had a good time doing it. It was rather relaxing.


F went to the washroom while I bought the drinks for the film. We went into the cinema, past the temperature check. F got to take the drinks to our seats and I went to the ‘loo. We went to see A Quiet Place Part 2 and it was great. It probably wasn’t as great as the first part because a lot of the surprise was gone, BUT I really liked the film a lot.


We drove back to Tsuruoka after the film, stopping in the 7-11 nearest the house. We got some treats and then came back to the house. We had a quiet evening. I watched a little bit of TV to clear off the DVR and then started blogging and watching YouTube videos. 


I’m now off to bed as it is early morning and the sun will be coming up if it hasn’t already.


Come back later if you will and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: