June 20, 2021

 Sunday - Rainy and cloudy, cooler


I got up this morning around 11am. F had a quiet morning too. He made his mother something to eat and then came upstairs. He kept complaining that he’d eaten too much. I hadn’t eaten of course, so I was a tad upset, but really didn’t mind.  We both just had a relaxing early afternoon. We hardly ever do this, just hang out and veg, so it was a nice change.


Finally, around 3 pm I suggested that we go over to Cocos. F could get some appetizers instead of a full meal and I could have a meal there. He was okay with that, so we drove over to the restaurant and had a meal.  I had cajun pasta with dried tomatoes and chicken, plus a salad and drink bar. F had a dessert and we shared an order of fries because Cocos has the best fries! The food was pretty good and we had a fairly good time there.


After our meal, we went shopping for me. I wanted to get a new pair of trousers for work next month. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to find a pair that fits, so we went to a shop that sells large sizes. I did get a pair there. They were on sale so that was good. I’m having them hemmed so I won’t have them until next weekend. But, yay.


We decided to get K a bento for her dinner, so we went to the grocery store. I bought groceries for the next couple of days. I really hope things are okay for my family! We’re going to have a Mexican chicken thing tomorrow and on Tuesday I think it’ll be the boneless ribs that we bought at the store tonight.


We came back to the house and F gave his mother the bentos. We went upstairs and relaxed a bit more.  I told F that I wasn’t very hungry so he should decide when to go out for dinner and that he could pick the place. He suggested sushi around 9 pm so we went to Kappa Sushi for a change. It was quite nice, and a pretty good choice. For a change, F didn’t complain about the fish too much. I had some chicken on rice things and enjoyed them. They also do the thing where you can order only one piece of sushi, so you can mix and match. I had a couple of pieces of different salmon dishes. F doesn’t like salmon sushi, so it was nice for me.


After we finished eating we came back to the house and I set up some yogurt to drain for tomorrow’s dinner. I came upstairs and relaxed for a bit before taking my shower. I came back upstairs and watched Project Runway before turning the TV off again.


And that’s about it for me. I’ve been blogging and catching up on things on my computer. It was a good day. I wouldn’t want to have this laid-back of a day every weekend, but once in a while, it is nice!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. What do I get up to? Until tomorrow….

No comments: