June 21, 2021

Monday - Muggy and then sunny


I woke up this morning before my alarm. That surprised me. F had already left for work. I went downstairs and then came back and watched the news. I did take a bit of a nap afterwards but not a long one.  I grabbed breakfast and then went upstairs to eat it.  After I finished, I joined a Zoom Meeting put on by my women’s group. I didn’t say very much because they brought up things that I didn’t really know anything about. The meeting broke up around 1pm.


I had some tea and after a bit went downstairs and grabbed some lunch. K wasn’t around so I left some of the pasta from Friday for her. She didn’t eat it. 


In the afternoon I ate my lunch and watched a movie I’d recorded earlier in the week. I didn’t like it. It was supposed to be about young possible X-Men, but the film was a mess. The acting was okay, but the story wasn’t there yet.


I watched the news and when F called to say he was on his way, I went downstairs to get a start on dinner. Tonight I made chicken tacos. Last night I drained some yogurt for fake sour cream, then today I cooked some chicken, made some cucumber pickle, some cabbage pickle and some salad.  Dinner turned out well, I thought. I think it was the first time that K actually had tortillas as tacos. She did okay basically. 


I did the dishes and it took a while. I was tired. I listened to podcasts of the news and the British movie reviews.  I enjoyed it a lot. When I came upstairs, F was already in bed with the lights off. It was barely 9 pm. I am seriously getting annoyed by this. I know that F is tired but he eats the damn food. Why can’t he stick around and help me? Tonight, he brought his computer down to the table. What the heck? He didn’t even want to have a bare minimum of conversation?  He was willing to risk having food or drink spill into his computer? 


I’ve spent the evening alone again. I watched some YouTube and then caught The Good Wife on WOWOW. It was a good episode tonight, but they usually are. 


I might do some laundry tomorrow or I might find something else that needs my attention. I’m also on dinner duty again, so come on back and find out what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: