June 22, 2021

 Tuesday - Muggy but sunny, rainy at night


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off, got up, watched the news and then fell asleep for basically two hours. I was quite surprised at the whole thing if I’m honest. 


I got up and got breakfast, came upstairs to eat again.  I had a very quiet day. I watched a bit of About Time, which is a lovely time-travel film. I had to go down for lunch in the middle of it though.


I came back up to the room and finished the movie while eating lunch. I had a big lunch today, probably too big if I’m honest. After the movie, I put on an episode of The Walking Dead. Thankfully it wasn’t a continuation of the characters from last week. This one brought in a bunch of new characters and a new group of survivors. It was a good episode really. 


I watched the news and then after a bit, went downstairs got started on dinner. I did quite a bit of prep tonight. I made a cucumber pickle dish, peeled and prepared some potatoes, and sautéed some mushrooms.  The entree tonight was from the grocery store and basically, all I had to do was heat it up. F didn’t get back tonight until almost 7 pm so I couldn’t get cooking until he was here. It took a while, but I think I got dinner on the table just after 7:30. It was pretty good, but I am a tad biased. K ate more than I did of the main dish, so I think she liked it. F didn’t eat that much, unfortunately. 


I did the dishes which took a while. I also listened to my podcasts so at least my time passed fairly quickly.


I got F to take me out to buy groceries tonight. We went over to MaxValu and got a few things for the next couple of days. I got some shrimp and broccoli for Thursday and chicken for tomorrow. I hope things go well. 


We came back to the house and put away the groceries. I took a shower and left the hot water on for F. I came upstairs and watched the FBI show I watch and then checked my scheduled shows and turned off the TV. F decided not to take a shower tonight, so a bit later I turned off the hot water. 


I didn’t write about it earlier today, but I heard from the company I sub for sometimes and it looks like I’ll have a part-time job from July. I’m quite looking forward to it. It’s just a couple of classes a week, but really that’s perfect for me. 


So that’s it for me. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: