June 23, 2021

 Wednesday - Rainy and cooler


I woke up and got up when my alarm went off this morning, went downstairs and then came back upstairs. I watched the news and the early on news and then ended up taking a little nap.  I managed to drag myself out of bed, dress and then I went downstairs and made my breakfast.


I had oatmeal again this morning, but it was nice to have something warm and comforting on this cooler day. 


I had a quiet day at the house today. I barely saw K at all. I went downstairs to grab my lunch a little late today. I didn’t see K, so I didn’t give her any food. I know she had something to eat or drink, but who knows what?!


I came upstairs and ate lunch and watched an episode of The Walking Dead. This one was all about Daryl so I liked it, but it was a tad scary/sad. When TWD finished, I started the Jason Statham/Dwayne Johnson Fast and Furious spin-off.  I only watched a few minutes before the news started. I’ll finish it in time. 


I didn’t mention that F called or Facetimed me five times this afternoon for nothing. Oh my goodness. He kept calling to give and get weather reports. He would tell me that in 30 minutes we’d get a lot of rain and then would call later to see if it happened. It really annoyed me! The big thing is that I didn’t understand WHY he was calling me. He was in Shonai, just in another town. There aren’t any mountains close by so I don’t need to worry about mudslides and there aren’t any rivers near us that might flood. I think he was lonely and bored, but I wasn’t!


I went downstairs when F called and got started on dinner. Today I washed some lettuce and cut up a cucumber for our salad, put some spice packets on a chicken and then made a zucchini salad. F came back to the house and went upstairs. He didn’t even want to hug me which was sad.


I finally got dinner on the table and called F. He yelled down that he didn’t want to eat. Crap. I was just about to sit down and eat when the doorbell rang. I went and it was one of the neighbours but I didn’t know what she was talking about. I went upstairs and got F to come down and talk to her. He did then went back to bed.


K and I had a lovely meal, but she ate so much. F had said that he might come down later and eat so I wanted to keep some food for him. She had more pieces of chicken than I did and she was going back for more. I’m afraid that I stopped her. I wanted to keep something for F. There were lots of salads and veggies so I moved her in that direction!


I put things away after dinner and then did the dishes. I hadn’t used any pots tonight so I didn’t have to wash them. Dishes didn’t take long. Yay. I listened to a CBC podcast of the news and heard my ex-hometown’s name on the news. Apparently, there is a wildfire burning between my old town and the town where I went to high school. They were evacuating people because of the fire. Scary. 


I listened to a couple of chapters of The Secret Garden too. It was just wonderful. I’m enjoying hearing it. I’d read it so many times as a child, but not for a while. It is just filling me with joy. I know that sounds strange, but I’ve missed the book so much.


I came upstairs and relaxed a bit. F got up and went for a walk. While he was gone I watched some Apple TV+ and read a book for a few minutes. F had taken a shower.  I watched my 11:00pm show and then turned off the TV. 


That has basically been my day. It was fine, but a bit frustrating at times. 


Tomorrow I had better do some laundry and hopefully, I’ll catch another episode of The Walking Dead. Come back later if you will and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: