July 19, 2021

 Monday - Hot and Sunny


I woke up this morning in what felt like a pool of sweat! It was 28 degrees at 8 am. I went downstairs for a few minutes and then came upstairs and watched the news. I spent some time on the bed and it was really warm. When I got up a bit later it was already over 30 degrees. Yuck.


I got my breakfast and came back upstairs to eat. I decided to watch an episode of The Walking Dead early for a change. It was a good one, so I was pleased. 


I had lunch a bit later and F called to say that he might stop by if he had a chance, did I want anything? I just requested something nice if he remembered. 


I went downstairs to put away my leftover salad and dressing and then I saw F at the door. I told him I’d let him in if he gave me a second and I did. He had brought some ice cream, which was a nice thing. I had mine right away. 


Yesterday, the DVR stopped working, but today, it worked again. I’m very happy about that. I don’t want to wake up at 5am to watch the news. I also didn’t want to take it in to get fixed again. 


F called again a bit after 5 to say he was coming back to the house. I went downstairs and started getting things ready in the kitchen. Happily, K had been using the AC downstairs so I piggybacked onto her machine in the kitchen. 


I washed my dishes and then I got started on the food for tonight. I did herb-baked chicken, potato salad, salad and some butter-soy sauce mushrooms. I was surprised that it got quite good reviews. K had quite a lot of food, F had hardly anything. Sigh.


I cleaned up after dinner and listened to both the Canadian news and Kermode and Mayo from Britain. I learned that the little boy who did the supremely funny tape of 5-year-old-boy-swear words had died last week. He’d been in treatment for Leukaemia. I may have the story wrong, but to get to the hospital he and his parents had to go through a long tunnel and the acoustics were interesting so they encouraged him to shout as he walked through it. As he was scared and a little angry, it was a harmless way to let him get out some energy. I was sad that he lost his battle, and for his parents and sister of course. 


I came upstairs when I finished the dishes and relaxed for a few minutes. After that, I chatted with F for a few minutes then I went downstairs and took a shower. 


When I finished I came back upstairs and watched The Good Wife. It was a cracking good episode tonight. 


And that’s about it for my day. Tomorrow I have my class again and then I’m going to come back and cook dinner. I’m doing pasta because I wanted to make something easy. This is a long weekend because of the Olympics so I’m not sure if we’ll eat around here very often. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day, until tomorrow…. 

 

No comments: