July 22, 2021

Thursday - Hot, humid and thundery


Today was pretty good. I went to bed fairly early (for me) last night and so I was able to wake up and get up this morning. F and I left here just after 9 am.  We went to Gusto for breakfast and while I was there, I asked F if he had his card from Costco. He checked and he didn’t. We went back to the house and checked the house. He couldn’t find it. We decided to just go anyway.


We made pretty good time to Yamagata. We stopped at Sagae and stretched our legs.  We stopped at the Aeon Mall in Yamagata. I got my favourite rooibos tea in the mall and F got some eye drops. After that, we went to Costco. 


At first, it was crazy busy. We couldn’t find parking for ages, but finally got one and in a fairly good place, so bonus for that.  We went to the returns section first and returned some motion sensor lights that didn’t work the way we hoped they would. After that, we went into the warehouse. 


We did fairly well today. I didn’t get everything that I wanted, but I did get an awful lot of things that I needed. We got some Greek Yogurt, toilet paper, carrots, radishes, cherries, as well as some cereal, some cheese and a few other nice things. Like bagels! We also didn’t fight, which really made me happy. When it came time to pay, we didn’t try and bag the goods at the checkout, we just put them back in the cart.  We bagged things at the car. It honestly worked so much better as there was no rush to do it and I wasn’t completely frazzled and overwhelmed trying to get it done quickly with no help. We had brought a cooler with us, so the cool stuff went in there and the rest went wherever. 


We went back in to use the washroom and then skipped the food court. I was hoping for the ice cream, but no worries. I got some elsewhere!


It was after 3 when we left Costco, it was a long time since breakfast. We drove down the road and F passed all the places he was interested in. We ended up turning into a place that offered pork on rice bowls for 500 yen. I was a tad worried, but we went in, and…it was fine. They had nice tables, and they actually grilled their meat over a fire! I had an Ishiyaki bibinba with pork kalbi and F had a pork-on-rice dish. They were both good, but I really enjoyed my bibinba. It was very nice. It cost a bit more than 500 yen, but not as much as lunch in a “nice” restaurant.


We got on the road afterward and I asked that we stop at Cherryland to get some ice cream and use the washrooms!  F was fine with that, so we went to get ice cream first. This place makes their own ice cream and they have unusual flavours. Today I had Pistachio and Hibiscus. F had Pistachio too, plus Butterfly Pea which was quite nice, cause we tried each others! We went over to the other section and I got some cream cheese and then use the washroom. F and I bought more soft drinks and then got on the road again.


Yummy ice cream, the only thing that makes summer liveable!

I slept most of the way to Yamagata and I slept most of the way back too!


We got back to the house around 6:30. K was fine, she had gone to bed, but got up to say hello and that she was using the AC. Good! We offered to take her out or get her something to eat, but she didn’t want it. F and I put the groceries away and then relaxed for a while. 


We went out for dinner around 9:00 pm. We went over to Coco’s and had a pretty nice meal. I had chicken with steamed vegetables and F had unagi-don. We shared an order of French fries which were really good tonight.


We came back to the house and relaxed a bit more.  We’re going to have a different day tomorrow as I am supposed to meet up with a friend who is in the area for a little bit. We’ll spend a bit of time together tomorrow so I’m not sure what we will get up to!


So, that’s about it for me. We had a pretty good day. It is still really hot and humid, rather horrible in fact. I am not great with this weather, so we’ll see how tomorrow goes. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: