July 23, 2021

Friday - Hot and Sunny


I got up this morning around 10:00 am I think. I spent some time texting a friend and making arrangements for us to get together. F was getting on my nerves as usual because he would ask if I was ready to do X or if I wanted to do Y but as I was trying to make plans for my friend and me, it was a bit difficult to tell him what was decided. At one point, we decided that F and I would go out for lunch, but then my friend said she’d like to join me for lunch. F made us a reservation for a bit later.


We met up around 1:15 and drove to the restaurant. We were about 15 minutes early, but the restaurant wasn’t too busy, so we were able to be seated. We had a lovely meal. I had my usual soboro chicken and F had the ten-item dish. Our friend P had a bacon set meal. We were all quite pleased afterwards. 


When we left the restaurant, I went off with my friend and F went to the house! We went out to the Oyama Nature Center and did a little walking around. It was really hot and sunny though, so neither of us was too comfortable. After that, I showed her to the nearby mossy temple and we had a quiet and respectful walk through the gates. 


We came back to her car and then drove back to Tsuruoka’s Suiden Terrace Hotel and went in.  We went to their cafe and had a drink and dessert. It was really nice to be out of the sun in a gorgeous hotel. We had a good view and the waiter was trying hard with his English. Sadly, after a bit, she had to go and meet her husband, but we hope to get together again soon and do some more sightseeing. 


I had a raspberry lassi and cheesecake. Yum!


She drove me back to the house and then went off to meet her husband.  I went into the house with my husband. We had a bit of a rest and then started to watch the Olympics Opening Ceremonies.  We watched until 9:30 pm or thereabouts. We saw the majority of the athletes come in. I started my next crochet project for F, another scarf for him. I hope that I can get more done on it.


We left the house and got to the restaurant around 10 pm. We had an okay meal at Gusto. I had grilled chicken and F had a fish dish that he didn’t complain too much about. Amazing!


We came back to the house and things have been winding down ever since. It is so hot, even now it is the middle of the night. 


I have no idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow. It’s a bit sad and I hope that things go well. Come back later on and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Hi Helen,

That raspberry lassi and cheesecake look so yummy! I haven't had cheesecake in awhile, but I do love it. Maybe I'll have to make a cheesecake run tomorrow. Lol.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Helen said...

The lassi was amazing. They gave me some gum syrup to make it sweet, but since I usually eat plain yogurt it was perfect for me.

The cheesecake was okay, it was a Basque cheesecake, which I don't think I'd had before. It was very nice too. I don't often eat cheesecake and now I've had it twice in a week!

The weekend has been okay so far. I'm living under the air conditioner at the moment! It's so hot and humid here.

I hope you have a good weekend too!