September 15, 2021

Wednesday - Hot and sunny


Today had an early start. I had to be at the doctor’s clinic at 8:30 so I dragged myself out of bed around 7:45 or so. I got dressed and then F and I left the house.


Things at the doctor’s office went fairly swimmingly and I was able to get my vaccination. I also got some medicine from the doctor in case I had pain or a fever later on in the day. We had to pick up the prescription and then we were free. 


We had breakfast at Gusto and it was quite nice. I enjoyed it and I think F did too. At breakfast, I noticed that my watch had stopped and wondered where I could get a replacement battery. Our usual place has sadly gone under and closed. F found a place on the net but when we went there it was closed on Wednesdays. We found another on Ginza-dori and got a new battery for my watch. I’m glad, but the woman that worked there wasn’t masked and I find that to be rather careless. F and I were masked so we’re probably okay, but still. 


F wanted to go to the beach but I pointed out that I didn’t bring a hat, parasol or my sandals with me. It was getting on for the hottest part of the day. He switched gears and suggested going to the Kamo Aquarium instead. Since I had been thinking of doing that too, I agreed. We drove out to the aquarium and went in. It was lovely and quiet for a change, but people still weren’t social distancing. Annoying. Usually, I love looking at the octopuses, but today they were sleeping. The coolest thing was watching a crab trying to get into a seashell to eat the creature inside. It was amazing the patience it had. 


After the aquarium, we ended up going to the Aeon Mall in Mikawa. We got tickets to see Free Guy again and then had our lunch. We both had bibinba and it was nice. Mine was really good as the bowl was very hot and made the rice nice and crisp.


Seeing Free Guy again was fun. I saw things in the film that I didn’t see the first time and I think I enjoyed it just as much. 


After the movie, we did a little shopping over in Aeon. We got some new socks and I looked at yarn but didn’t buy any. 


We came back to Tsuruoka and bought some groceries in a place we rarely go to. We bought bentos for all of us. I told F that I didn’t want to eat right away, I would like to take a nap and then I’d probably have my bento later.


When we got back to the house, I went upstairs and F gave his mother her bento. I spent a few minutes at my computer and then took a nap. I woke up about 3 hours later!


I did the garbage up for the room upstairs and then went downstairs and did the same down there. I threw out some of the food that K didn’t eat over the last couple of days and got the kitchen garbage sorted out. 


I heated up my bento and then came upstairs and watched Grey’s Anatomy while I ate. It’s been interesting watching how the staff are coping with the pandemic. I did take some of the medicine from the doctor as my shoulder was quite painful. It seemed to help. 


Later on, I watched some of the news from the day and then Hellboy came on so I watched that too. F went to bed but isn’t feeling well now. He was complaining about being cold and now his stomach is acting up, so he isn’t sleeping. I feel sorry for him. These are his days off too. I wanted him to enjoy himself. 


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to on Thursday as we haven’t made any plans but it is the second of our anniversaries so I hope we are able to spend it together and enjoyably. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…

No comments: