October 11, 2021

 Monday - Colder and rainy


I got up this morning when my alarm went off. The backhoe next door didn’t start until 8:30 or so. Whoopee!  F had woken me up around 5:30 but I was able to go back to sleep which was nice. However, I got up at my alarm, went downstairs and came back up and watched the live news and then the news I had recorded early on. 


I snoozed and watched the news and then took a mini nap. I got up and went downstairs for breakfast a bit after 10 am.  I had a quiet morning, I watched some YouTube and then watched Bull from Saturday. I went down for lunch around 1:30 and brought my lunch back upstairs. While I was catching up on my DVR I heard K outside my door sweeping. The ironic thing is that I looked at my floor out there this morning and decided that it wasn’t bad and I really didn’t need to sweep it today. K had other ideas! I didn’t go out because I was afraid that we might have an argument and if she tried to go downstairs in a hurry she could fall down the steps. 


Most of the morning and the afternoon when I went downstairs, K was not in sight. Probably sleeping again. 

F popped back to the house for a couple of minutes. It was nice to see him. 


I did a bit of review for my classes for tomorrow and I watched more news. F didn’t call me until 6 pm so I went downstairs then and got started on dinner. Usually, I start with washing my dishes, but tonight I started with the cauliflower. I roasted a cauliflower using a recipe from Simply Recipes. It takes a bit of time to cut up the veggie, but it does taste really good.  


I did the dishes when the cauliflower was in the oven and then got started on cooking the chicken too. F came in and I asked if he’d like some blueberries for dessert. The answer was yes so he offered to go to the store and get some ice cream for us.  


While he was gone I got the rice on. We usually use bachelor packs of rice, so they have to be either microwaved or boiled. I had to boil them as the microwave was already in use. Sigh. 


Anyway, dinner came together and I got things on the table and called F down. He took a little while but did help put the glasses on the table for me. Yay. 


Dinner was pretty good. We had miso chicken, salad and roasted cauliflower, rice for K and F and then frozen blueberries and vanilla ice cream for dessert. I think dinner was good.


After dinner, K didn’t go to bed like normal. She ended up coming into the kitchen a couple of times. The first time she brought in a half-rotten watermelon and wanted to put it in the corner basket in the sink. I don’t think so! I suggested she put it in the actual garbage, which she did. I thought that was the end of her, but a few minutes later she came back in with a huge kabocha. The top of the kabocha was going bad. She was going to grab my knife but rethought that. She did call F to her credit to come and cut it, but she called so softly I could barely hear her…I knew F would never hear her.  She took her knife and at my urging, put the kabocha down on the table. She gouged out the bad bit and left the kabocha on the table. Head shake. I don’t understand her. She could have put it in the fridge or whatever, but nope.


I finally finished the dishes and then did a little bit of cleaning in the kitchen. I said goodnight to K and then went upstairs. 


Around 10 pm I came downstairs to take my shower. F was throwing out a bunch of his empty plastic bottles as tomorrow is the day for them to go out. I took my shower, F did his thing. 


I came back upstairs and relaxed for a while. I watched The Good Wife which was a good one tonight and also did some work on F’s scarf. I’m getting close to being done. 


Anyway, it is late and I am tired. I have to work tomorrow so I have to get some sleep. I’ll catch you later! Until tomorrow.

No comments: