October 12, 2021

Tuesday - Cloudy and cool, some rain


It was cold in the room overnight which might be why I woke up around 5:30 and had to make a trip downstairs. I came back up and went to sleep. I didn’t wake up again until my alarm went off. The construction today started a couple of minutes after that, so I would have been woken up anyway!


I spent a couple of hours relaxing and watching the news. For some reason, my DVR didn’t record the early news so I had to make do with the morning’s curated news. 


I finally dragged myself out of bed and went downstairs. I didn’t really get dressed because I would have to change soon anyway. I skipped breakfast but that was because I had to get my lunch soon anyway.


I went downstairs at 11:30 and grabbed my lunch. I had my usual but while I was eating, K came through the room. I said hello to her but as usual, she didn’t respond. Sigh. Time was when she would get really angry at me when I didn’t talk to her in the morning, now she doesn’t even answer me when I do. 


I ate and then got ready for work.  I had everything ready happily, so I just had to get dressed, brush my teeth and fill up my thermos with water. I got it all done quickly and brought my backpack of books down to the door.  I went to the washroom and of course, that’s when the taxi arrived. The driver came and rang the doorbell at a very inopportune time! 


I came out of the room, yelled that I’d be there soon and washed my hands. I left the house and locked the door.  


All I can say about my classes is that they went well today and it was so nice to see my students in person again. 


I got a taxi back to F’s house and I came in and got changed. I also had a cup of regular tea and caught up on the news and some of my computer stuff. F called around 5:30 and I eventually went downstairs and started dinner just as F arrived.


Tonight I did a fish stir-fry, mushrooms, salad and some microwaved veggies. For myself, I did some couscous (I bought new stuff on the weekend) and for K and F rice. We all had miso soup too. Dinner looked really nice and I had the table set just a few minutes after 7. I called F downstairs and I even went to K’s door and called her a couple of times. She didn’t move, so I guess she didn’t hear me. F came downstairs after 10 minutes and went into the washroom. At 7:25 I just decided to eat. I was quite upset. After a bit, I wondered if F was okay so went to check. He said he’d be right out. I went back to the living room and K was just coming out of her room.  Finally, we all sat down and ate. The food was quite good but of course, it was cold by now. I was angry but the others didn’t seem to care.


After we finished I cleared the table and then did the dishes. While I did that, F fixed the toilet room door. For months it has been getting harder to slide open, tonight he put new wheels on the top of the door. It works so well now! It used to take so much effort to open the door, now it just glides, so I keep opening the door with too much force!


F and I went out to the grocery store around 9:30. Yes, it was late, but we needed stuff. We got to MaxValu and then of course F realized he’d left his wallet at the house. He was ready to jump back in the car and I said that I’d like to stay and get started on my shopping. 


F came back and found me a bit later but I had a lot of the stuff already in the basket. It was heavy! I’d bought half a cabbage and some potatoes so it wasn’t light. 


We went through the check-out and then came back to the house. We put away the groceries and then relaxed for a bit. I watched Prodigal Son tonight and then turned off the TV. 


I got on my computer to do a few things and even spent a few minutes with F talking. 


That’s it for today. Tomorrow I’m cooking dinner again, but on Thursday I’m probably going to get my hair cut again. It’s been a while. I wanted to go two months ago but we had a Covid surge and I wasn’t vaccinated yet so I didn’t want to risk it. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: