November 23, 2021

Tuesday - Rainy, very rainy


I went to bed very late last night. It took ages to write about two days in detail for my blog! I slept in a bit today too. F got up a bit before me and made his mother some brunch. 


He came back up to the room and didn’t want to leave for a while. I was a little hungry. He finally said that he didn’t have a lot of money on him.  I told him that lunch would be on me and I suggested a nice restaurant in the area.  We went and just squeaked in before last order. In a shocking turn of events, I had fish and F had chicken. The reason was the chicken had a tomato sauce on it and the fish was cod and salmon. I like cod and salmon, but F doesn’t like cod very much.  We both had lunch with bread. We asked about having the dessert platter, but they didn’t have enough to make a platter. We were offered wheat germ ice cream instead, so we had that.


Our meal was very nice and we both enjoyed it, sadly, me more than F. The only bad thing about the meal was that we were a little rushed. I’ve been “kicked out” of the restaurant before when they closed so I had to keep reminding F that we had to leave soon. 


After lunch, F took us driving. We didn’t really have any plans, so he drove us out to the Mikawa area. He suggested going to Don Quihote. I asked if we could go to Nitori first. A friend had posted a Christmas decoration she bought there and I thought it might be worth getting one too. Sadly for me, they didn’t have it. F and I talked about putting a tree up this year and he told me that I should do it. I’ve been making decorations and I’m in an exchange, but I haven’t shown off any of my ornaments yet. 


We also looked at glasses in Nitori but didn’t buy any. I was game, but F has this incredibly weird standard for glasses so I found it frustrating. We’ve been using some very nice glasses that we got at the hundred yen shop. They are beautiful, but they break really easily. I’ve been replacing them, but I’d rather have a set that is slightly less beautiful, but a lot less delicate. He suggested that we go back to the hundred yen shop, but that made me quite angry. We started with four and have replaced 3 or 4 of them, I have one that needs to be replaced now, so we are getting into the expensive zone in my opinion.


We went to Don Quihote where we picked up a few things, mostly food related. I found some unbranded cookies that are probably from Dare (a Canadian brand), we got a few snacks and I got an Apple card for my growing book collection. 


We drove over to the Aeon Mall area. First F went in the hardware shop, but didn’t buy anything. Then, we went in the mall proper. It was supposed to be just for a drink, but we ended up checking out the hundred yen shop first. We had a drink at Doutor and F paid this time. He didn’t use my card. 


As we left the mall, F said that he was worried about the house. He’d left something cooking on the stove this morning. The stove does have a switching off feature so if something isn’t used for a while it will turn off. I wasn’t too worried. 


We went to a hardware shop in Tsuruoka. It was near my first apartment, so I used to go there a lot. It’s changed over the years, but it is still a fascinating place to explore. F got some hardware for the sliding doors.


We went to do some grocery shopping. I don’t know why, but I had the feeling all day that today was Wednesday, so I bought groceries for tomorrow night and Friday. I completely forgot about Thursday!  I told F that we’ll have to go out tomorrow night for something. Oops. 


We came back and unpacked the groceries. F gave his mother her dinner and I went upstairs. I relaxed a bit for a while, and then F came upstairs. Happily, either the stove had turned itself off, or K had turned it off for him. Whew!


We sat there for a while. We were both YouTubing I think. I suggested we go to eat while we had some choices but of course F only wanted ramen. Finally he hit on a place that I just loathe. It’s his birthday, I said I would go, but when I checked it on my map app, it said it was closed today. Oh darn! The next place F suggested closed early…as in right away. He suggested one more place and I was fine with it. We drove there and of course it was closed. 


I had suggested Misono earlier and that’s where we ended up. I had chicken curry which I liked a lot, and F had some kind of ramen-adjacent food which he didn’t. Bah humbug! 


We came back to the house. F tried to fix the downstairs doors, but the lights weren’t good enough for him to do a good job. He came upstairs where he found me watching Free Guy on our cable channel. I’ve seen it three times now and I love it! It’s just fun.


When the movie was over I took a shower and then came back upstairs. I didn’t watch my usual TV programme, not feeling it tonight.


So that’s about it for me for tonight. F is back to work tomorrow. I don’t think he wants to go, but on the other hand, he might want to have a bit of peace at work! It has been nice to have him around and we haven’t had too many arguments!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: