January 19, 2022

Wednesday - Warmer, but snowy


I woke up this morning to an empty room. I went downstairs as usual, then came back upstairs and turned on the telly to watch the news. After it finished I watched a few minutes of Little Women, then turned it off. I ended up snoozing a bit too long.


I got up and went downstairs and checked the snow. There was quite a bit, so I decided to go outside and get rid of it. I spent twenty minutes or so shovelling snow and then came in.


I had a quiet afternoon really. I did the cull of my Facebook Group members and later on, I planned a lesson for one of my classes next week. 


F called me just as I was going outside to say he was coming back after doing a reconnoitre to check out a place he has to drive to tomorrow. 


I went outside and spent about 10 minutes or so shovelling the snow that fell since the last time I did it! I came inside, took off my jacket, and got to work on dinner. 


Tonight I roasted a chicken and some potatoes and served those with a salad and some formerly frozen veggies from the store. Dinner was great! I did the chicken and the potatoes in the air fryer. Dinner was a bit late, but I like to think it was worth waiting for. K and I enjoyed it, but F didn’t really eat very much. He said that his stomach was acting up tonight. I know he wasn’t able to eat and that he wanted to, but I just felt rather disappointed because I worked hard on dinner.


This morning, F had left his side of the bed in a big mess. I left it alone.  During the afternoon, the doorbell rang and I went down. It was a guy from the electric company. He gave me some papers and I brought them upstairs for F to see later. They were bright yellow and pink, easy to spot. I left them on the corner of F’s table.


Unfortunately, F “misplaced” his keys and basically tore his side of the room apart to find them. He threw a bunch of stuff out, including the papers. He found his keys a bit later, in his pocket. I don’t understand.


I, in the meantime, got busy with the cleaning up in the kitchen. I had done some clean-up earlier when I was cooking, so it helped make things a bit quicker, but it still took a while. My trusty podcasts kept me company.


When I went upstairs I was rather shocked to see F’s side of the room. I tried to find the papers but had no idea what he had done with them. 


He came back upstairs and started cleaning up his mess. The noise really bothered me, so I decided to take my shower. I went downstairs and did that.


When I came back upstairs, F was mostly done. In fact, while I was in the shower, he’d gone out to the nearby convenience store! 


I watched New Amsterdam and rather enjoyed it. I turned off the TV and got stuck into my blog. F and I had a bit of a chat after a while. 


And that basically was my day. I did two of the things on my list, so that’s good. Tomorrow I need to do laundry and work on my column. I might prepare another lesson too if I have time!


Come back later if you like and hear about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: