January 18, 2022

Tuesday - Cold and snowy


I managed to get myself off to bed last night at an almost decent time…2 am. It was the earliest I’ve been to bed in ages, maybe this year?! I slept fairly well until F’s alarm went off around 6. He’d planned to go to an onsen on the way to work, but forgot about it and went back to sleep! 


I woke up when my alarm went off this morning. I went downstairs and then did my usual watching of the news from the bed. While I did that, I heard the horrible sound of the snowplough going by. Sigh. 


I got moving around 10 and went outside to shovel snow. I worked for around 45 minutes to an hour or so and got the snow moved. Well, the snow around our yard anyway. There was quite a lot today. I went back into the house and K surprised me by coming out of the living room and saying thank you! She even suggested going into her room for a few minutes to warm up. I politely declined.


I had brunch and then started to get ready for work. Work was fine, except my heater stopped in my first class so I had to excuse myself to turn it back on. Oops.


After my classes, I checked for snow outside. There was a bit, but I thought F should be okay to get into the parking spot.


I watched the news and did some paperwork, then when F called, I went downstairs and started working on dinner. Tonight I was supposed to cook a chicken, but it wasn’t completely thawed yet. I did a frozen fish stir-fry with green onion bread again and some mushroom stir-fry and a salad. It was a little late because some things took a while, but it was good and most of it disappeared!


It took a while to clean up, but I had my podcasts so I didn’t mind too much. I made some more tea for our next meal and checked what was needed to buy for tomorrow’s dinner. 


F and I went upstairs, I changed some of my clothes and then we went out to MaxValu for groceries. There weren’t many people there, the weather was bad and F said the roads were slippery. I picked up a few things and F did too. We bought our groceries and then came back towards the house. F made a quick stop into a convenience store to pay a bill and then we went back to the house.


We put away the groceries and then went upstairs. I watched Clarice, the TV series. It was okay. I’m still not sure about it! The weirdest thing about it is that I can’t get over the difference in the guy from The Walking Dead to this show. He looks completely different!


And that was my day, basically. tomorrow I have some work to do, I have to work on my column and plan a class. I also get to shovel snow if needed. And then there’s dinner to cook too. I’m getting tired just thinking about it. Oh well. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: