January 22, 2022

Saturday - Clear and warmer


When I woke up this morning it was to an empty house. F had taken his mother and gone off to the onsen. On the other hand, I woke up because the snowplough was doing its thing on the road outside the house. I knew that F would eventually be bringing his mother back and she might not be able to get over the wall between the street and the house. 


I got dressed and went out and cleared some snow. It was a bit hard as the places where I used to put the snow had been taken out by the snowplough. It was nice out this morning and I didn’t mind going out. I got it done in about 20 minutes, including the bit around the door. 


F and K came back a bit later. He headed back to bed for a bit of a nap. He did offer to take me out for lunch, but I decided I’d rather eat leftovers because I had a lot of them in the fridge. Today, I fired up my Air Fryer and reheated some of the leftovers. I did some of the roasted potatoes, some of the veggies and a chicken wing from my roast chicken. It came out wonderfully. I also heated up my bagel and I used a tray so I didn’t make a huge mess. 


I brought my lunch upstairs and ate, then washed my dish quickly. I roused F and we left for his appointment and my visit to the mall. He dropped me off at S-Mall and then I went and had some fun! I went into the hundred yen shop and picked up a few things, then checked out the stores downstairs. I didn’t find everything that I was looking for, but I did see Havarti cheese in the grocery store. Woot. I made a note to get F to come back later when he was ready to go back to the house.


I ended up in Doutor having a cup of decaf soy latte where I waited for F to show up. He came soon after and grabbed him a drink too. We spent a bit of time in the coffee shop before going over to the grocery store and picking up some of my cheese and a bento for K.


We came back to the house and gave K her food. I took my stuff upstairs and then F and I were basically off again. He did the usual thing of driving aimlessly with no destination in mind. We talked about what we did or didn’t want to eat and F said he’d be okay with sushi.  Since I had been thinking about sushi, I suggested that we go to Kintaro sushi IF, and only IF, they were doing distancing or weren’t busy. We got there and the parking lot wasn’t full. We were seated right away and got a couple of seats in the corner away from everyone. Yay. They’ve raised their prices, but the sushi is excellent and it is still good value for money. 


We left and paid. We had an hour before our movie so I suggested going to either McDonald's or Starbucks for a drink and a bit of relaxation. F sailed on by the McDonald and then he sailed on by Starbucks. He finally realized what he had done and then turned the car around and went allllll the way back to McDonald's. Oh well.


We both had their new Canadian Maple Custard Pie and it was okay. It was a bit too sweet. I had some caffeine-less tea and F had a coffee. I made F leave a little early as I wanted to get to the movie theatre in time for a change!




We left and went to Machi Kine. My lovely little cinema has reopened!  It’s only open on the weekend, but it is open.  It’s been open for a couple of months but has only just now put on a film in English, Don’t Look Up.  We went into the building and it was so lovely to be “home” again! Unfortunately, they don’t have all of the theatres open yet, and they don’t sell popcorn, but we could buy bottled drinks so that was nice. I’m not sure why no popcorn at the moment. Maybe partially a pandemic thing or a having to clean it up after each show thing, or something, but no matter. We weren’t hungry so that was fine with us.


Don’t Look Up was interesting! I really liked it a lot. It was quite dark though. The acting was good, the story was quite original so both of us really enjoyed the movie.


After the film finished we came back via a convenience store and then had a quiet evening in. We both stayed up really late, but F is finally off sleeping. I should be getting myself off to bed too. It’s very, very late!


That’s it for me. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: