January 21, 2022

Friday - Clear and sunny early on, snowy at night


I got up this morning and went downstairs. I came back up, turned on the TV and watched the news from my side of the bed. F came back upstairs and decided it was cuddle and breathe in my ear time! It was hard to listen to the news, but I managed. 


Although F was supposed to go into the office for a personal meeting today, he didn’t. Oops.  He made his mother some breakfast and then came upstairs and had a nap. He slept for a couple of hours. I didn’t really grudge him that as it was his day off and he was tired.


He woke up finally and we decided to go out for lunch. We had to shovel a bit of snow when we went outside, but it didn’t take that long when we were working together. We didn’t really decide where we were going to go until we were halfway there. F suggested a restaurant that we visited ages ago and it was a good idea. We went there and were able to get in right away. It’s a place near another prefectural office and a pachinko parlour! I had a tuna and potato pilaf doria set and F had shrimp pilaf set. We had a drink plus soup and salad with our meals. It was very nice. 


Over our lunch, F asked me if I wanted to go and see a movie. Of course, the answer was yes. We could go and see Spiderman again if we got our skates on.


We bought K a bento and took it back to the house to drop it off. Then, we drove out to the mall. It was rush hour so the roads were a bit busy, but we made it, just.


It was lovely seeing the movie again, even though it was only 2 weeks ago. I might have waited, but in our area, the English versions of films tend to disappear quite quickly. They were already down to one English show per day. 


After the movie, we drove back to Tsuruoka. F suggested a decent restaurant for dinner so I said it was fine. We went to China House and had set meals. F had a spicy chicken dish and I had yurinchi. It was nice! We shared a bit of our main dishes so that was good.


F and I came back to the house. We’ve been on our individual computers for a few hours. It’s been nice though. We heard the snowplough go down the road so we are a bit worried about tomorrow, but we’ll deal with it then. 


I’m not completely sure what we’re going to get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping to go to Machi-kine in the evening to see a movie…it’s started playing movies on the weekend and they are finally showing one in English (I hope!). F has made a reservation for a massage in the afternoon, and I hope to spend some time at the mall maybe. 


That’s it for me for today. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: