January 23, 2022

Sunday - Clear and warm


I woke up fairly late today as I didn’t go to bed until 5 am. Don’t know what I was thinking. F just let me sleep, which was nice of him! I got up a couple of times but went back to bed to sleep. 


I did get up in the afternoon, while F took a nap! I spent time on my computer and stewed a little bit. I was sad about wasting our last weekend day. Finally, around 2:30 he got up and we left to go and have lunch. However, by the time we got into the car, most places would be closed for lunch. I suggested going to Cocos Ichibanya for curry. F was okay with that.


We got to the restaurant and were able to be seated right away. I had the soup curry with roast chicken, F had soup curry with seafood. Of course, there wasn’t enough seafood for him. But, we enjoyed our meal.


It was around 4 pm when I finally said to F that we really should leave and do something else. It was still light a little bit and it was a shame to just sit in the restaurant and waste it. He asked about going to Mikawa mall and I thought it was a good idea. I wanted to see if I could get another shirt and pair of pants like he got me for Christmas. I like them and also would like some more socks! My rough feet are hard on socks. 


We drove out to the mall and then spent our time in Aeon. I went to the ladies' section first. I was able to find another shirt like the one I got for Christmas but in a not-great brown. I’ll probably use the brown one for sleeping in and use the navy one for going out to places like the grocery store. 


Unfortunately, they didn’t have any of the pants I was looking for in my size, so I had to skip those. I did get quite a few pairs of socks though. F was nice enough to buy all the stuff for me. He said he didn’t want anything which I thought was sad. 


I suggested getting a drink at Mister Donut, so we went downstairs and grabbed a coffee and a donut each. I had decaf cafe-au-lait and F had the real stuff. The food court was not very crowded at that time and we were sitting in a draught from the doors so I think we were probably in a safe spot to remove masks. I hope so!


F suggested getting bentos for dinner. I died a little inside, but couldn’t really say much as he’d spent a bit of money on me today! We drove back to Tsuruoka and then detoured to not our usual grocery store to pick up a bento for K. There wasn’t much that I wanted so I passed. F did too. We paid and left. 


F drove to our other grocery store afterwards and I did the shopping for the next couple of days. I’m doing a pork/veggie stir-fry tomorrow night and probably chicken wings on Tuesday. 


We came back to the house and F gave K her bento right away. He ate with her I think, and probably watched a bit of TV downstairs. I had found an okay bento…a bibinba one, but just wasn’t ready to eat yet. I went upstairs and howled at the moon for a while. No, actually I whined a lot and said stuff that I’m glad nobody could hear. I pulled myself up by my new socks after a bit to remind myself how lucky I really am. 


After a bit F came upstairs and used his computer for a while. I went downstairs after 9 pm and heated up my bento. I also put a couple of blueberry muffins in the freezer and texted F to see if he’d like to share one tonight. He would, so I heated it up a bit and put some butter on it. I took my bento and the muffin on a plate upstairs and ate. 


The bibinba was nice and I’m glad I picked it. My only real complaint with it is that I couldn’t mix the rice and the ingredients properly as the bowl was a bit shallow. The blueberry muffin was also nice but was huge as Costco muffins are. I’m glad that F and I halved it. (The grocery store in S-Mall had a Costco Day yesterday, so we bought some muffins, along with my Havarti cheese.)


We had a quiet evening in. I watched a lot of YouTube and I suspect that F did too until he fell asleep.


I’ve got to get myself off to bed soon. I should have a busy day tomorrow. I have to check a student’s homework, plan another class, write my column, cook dinner and just generally keep being the lovely person I am. Haha. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….


No comments: