May 12, 2022

Thursday - Hot and sticky


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I had the feeling that F might have woken me up when he left quite early, but I managed to stay asleep for the most part. 


I went downstairs and then came back up and watched the news. After that, I watched the early news and turned off the TV. I tried to nap but the doorbell went at least twice and they started work on the electric poles early too so it was noisy around here.  I think I did manage a little nap though.


I got up, went downstairs and started the first of two loads of laundry. K was bopping around the house. I know I should be happy, but I prefer the house to be peaceful. In the kitchen, I noticed that the fish grill was in the sink. I guess that I was supposed to feel guilty because I didn’t wash it the other night? I didn’t use it the other night and I had a huge amount of dishes to wash. So…no guilt. Perhaps you should have trained your son better?


I grabbed breakfast and took it upstairs. I ate and then came downstairs and swapped out some laundry and put more in. I also washed some of my shirts today. 


This morning, I heard F’s sister come by. Again, she brought some food. I never know if it is food for her mother or food for all of us. It’s rather annoying really. K and F seem to think it is for all of us, but they leave the food out all day and then expect me to eat it. Not happening. Today’s offer turned out to be bamboo stew and bamboo. 


Lunch was my usual stuff except there was no salad. I watched another episode of Yellowstone. Today’s was an interesting one that really moved the story along.


I watched the 4 pm news and about half-past five went downstairs to get a start on dinner. I was making omelettes tonight so needed to get some of the fillings cooked or warmed up or even cut up. F called to say he was on his way back. 


I had the eggs on the table warming up, I started the air fryer to cook the fries and cooked the mushrooms. I was busy. 


F came back and seemed fine. He hugged me, then went upstairs. I set the table as much as I could before making his mother’s omelette. I started on his, but just then, K came into the kitchen and wanted to warm up her bamboo stew. She was getting in my way and I didn’t really know what she wanted. I had planned dinner and we didn’t need anything else. Sigh. F took over from her, put the stew into a bowl and put it in the microwave. I was still using the air fryer so we had to wait to microwave it. 


I asked F what fillings he wanted in his omelette and then I asked him what setting for the microwave. I went through to the living room with his omelette and he just threw a tantrum. He said he didn’t want to eat anymore and I was a terrible cook. He stormed out and I was left rather stunned. 


After a couple of minutes, I went upstairs to see what was wrong with F. I told him that I was really hurt by him telling me I’m a bad cook. I reminded him that I needed to go out after dinner. 


I brought out the bamboo stuff for K and I took F’s omelette. I wasn’t going to waste it. It was really nice. K and I had a good meal, at least I thought so. We had fries, cheese, mushroom and roasted tomato omelettes, salad and I had some of the kabocha dish that I had made. 


Of course, I did the dishes. It wasn’t too bad tonight since there were one person’s things that didn’t need washing. 


I went upstairs when I was done and told F I was ready to go. We drove over to the grocery store and I picked up a few things. What I wanted most was yogurt and salad for tomorrow. I changed my mind and decided not to go out to the mall tomorrow. We were planning a trip to Costco on Saturday, but I’m not sure if we still are or not. Anyway, I thought if I went to the big mall on Friday, I’d be too tired to go on Saturday. Dealing with F in Costco is really difficult. It’s so overwhelming and noisy and crowded that he’s a bit freaked out. Of course, he doesn’t want me to buy anything either because he thinks we spend too much. We spend a lot, but we need to spend to make the trip worthwhile!


When we came back, F made himself something to eat and I watched The Rookie. I did some craft work while I watched it. F went to bed as he has to be up early again. 


And that was my day. It was not a good one and I hope tomorrow is better. Come back later if you like and see if it is. Until tomorrow….

No comments: