May 14, 2022

Saturday - Cloudy with rain early on, sunny in the afternoon


A better day. 


I woke up this morning around 8:30 without an alarm and on a Saturday so that was quite good. I got up and actually did get dressed right away. F was up and cooking for his mother. A few minutes later he went out to his doctor.  


Surprisingly, F was back before 10 am.  He must have bribed the doctor to see him early or something!  We managed to get on the road in a few minutes and stopped at Gusto for breakfast for me and dessert for him. I enjoyed having a bigger breakfast in the morning. 


We started driving out from Tsuruoka and went on the highway from Asahi. We made great time. I’m afraid I snoozed a bit and was surprised when we stopped in at our usual rest area for a break. 


We had a quick break, F grabbed a canned coffee and we got back on the road. We left the highway soon after our break and drove through Yamagata City and down to Kaminoyama’s Costco. 


For the next couple of hours, F and I went shopping. I had told him that it might be better for him to grab a coffee and have a seat while I shopped, but he didn’t want to do that. Okay then. I didn’t quite do my usual looking at everything, but I looked at a lot of stuff. What did we buy? Most of it was quite boring. We got toilet paper and tissues, some bagels, some rice in bachelor packs, some tortilla chips, some yogurt, some puddings, some beets and a few other things. We paid and took the stuff out to the car to pack. I know most people bag their stuff in the store, but F and I had so many fights about doing that, that it just works better for us. I prefer doing it at my own pace and putting all the things that need to be cold in one bag, that kind of thing.


We went back into the store to use the washrooms and to grab a quick bite. F had his usual hot dog with soda and I had a mixed ice cream with a soda too. F wanted to look at some more stuff in the store, so we went back in and did a little more shopping. F and I picked up a couple more motion sensor lights. We have a couple already and we really like them. 


After that, we got back in the car and left. I suggested that we might want to have a real lunch. It was 4 pm, but I hadn’t had a proper meal since before 11 am. F agreed so we tried a Kyoto Chinese restaurant. It was quite nice. They’re famous for gyoza apparently. 


After that, we got on the road and didn’t stop. F was tired and I suggested stopping to walk around, but he passed every single place that we could stop. I had mentioned to him that I needed to walk around too, as I’ve been having hip problems too. However, he didn’t seem to feel the need. 


When we arrived back at his house (oh yes…for the last half hour of our drive, the low gas light was on…nice….so we had to buy gas before we went back to the house.) I could barely get out of the car, my hip was so sore and frozen. I brought in a bunch of the groceries and so did he. He disappeared to the washroom and I got to unpack and put things in the fridge. 


In the time he was gone, I managed to rebag 12 bagels and unpack everything, so I was busy! I froze my bagels. I need them for lunches once or twice a week. Oh, and I got my Havarti cheese slices too. My precious!


We went upstairs and relaxed for a while. Around 9 pm I suggested going out again for a bite to eat. F didn’t really care, but I pointed out that we wouldn’t be able to go out much later. We went over to Komeda Coffee and had coffee. F had a fish fry burger and I had a spicy chicken sandwich. It was a touch too spicy for me, but I did eat it. I probably wouldn’t have it again though. 


After that, we came back to the house and relaxed. I watched FBI and then some YouTube, F went to bed. He’s sleeping away and I’m up much too late. He is thinking about getting a massage in the morning and then it will depend on how we both feel. We might do a museum run or renew our memberships at the aquarium. Who knows?


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: