June 24, 2022

 Friday - Hot and muggy, rainy at night


When I woke up this morning I was surprised that morning had already arrived. I was a bit late getting to bed last night. I got up and went downstairs, then came back up. I filled up my water pot and then I plugged it in. I turned on the TV and watched the morning news and then I turned off the TV and took a little nap. Happily, I didn’t oversleep so was able to go downstairs and start a load of laundry and grab my breakfast.


I came back upstairs, ate and watched a bit of TV. Today I watched a bit of stuff so that was good. I watched the news from early in the morning and deleted it too.


I went down to get my lunch and noticed that the warning light on the stove was flashing. I wasn’t sure why and then I noticed that the button was down for one of the burners. There wasn’t any fire as there is an auto-off function…that’s why the warning light was flashing, it was letting me know there was a problem. K must have boiled a kettle or cooked something and forgotten to turn off the burner. Glad nothing bad happened.


I prepared my lunch and also decided to eat some leftovers for lunch. There was enough to share so I made a bowl for K and gave it to her. I think she was surprised!


I went back upstairs with my lunch and watched this week’s episode of The Handmaid’s Tale.  It was good. I did have a discussion with myself today though about whether I want to watch it again or not. It’s getting rather….bleak. It’s been bleak for a while though.


I watched the news and folded my laundry and put it away. After that, I went downstairs and got started on dinner. F hadn’t called today but I knew that he was going to be late. He had to drive to Yamagata city today.


It is Friday, which means it was pasta day. I decided to just make pasta for K and I. If F wanted pasta when he got back, it would be easy enough to just throw some in the pot. [Spoiler alert—he didn’t want any]. I reheated some of yesterday’s chicken in the air fryer, boiled the pasta and put the salad out. I put some other leftovers from the fridge on the table too and then K and I ate. We were nearly finished when F called. He said he was finished work. It was close to 7 pm when he called, and he got back around 7:15 or so. 


F said that he didn’t want to eat so I cleared the table and put food away. I started washing the dishes and then for some reason F came in the kitchen and wanted to start cooking for himself. Using my pan. I was not a fan. He ruined the other pan in my set at the apartment and I had visions of him doing it again. Apparently, he was annoyed by me being in his way (Umm, I was there first!) so he turned off the stove and left. 


I finished up the dishes and then asked if he still wanted to use my pan. He did. I left the room and went upstairs.


Later on F came upstairs and relaxed. I suggested sharing a bottle of caffeine free Diet Coke and he agreed. I went downstairs and washed my cup, his cup and checked my pan. It was okay. It had been washed, but not dried properly. Grr. I put it away because I don’t want anyone else using it. By the way, it really is MY pan as I bought it.


I watched quite a bit of Apple TV tonight so that was fun. I watched another episode of Severance, then an episode of Trying and I also checked out the new show Loot. It has potential. I miss comedy shows so much!


And that was about it for my day today. F has a few things he wants to do tomorrow, I’m not sure how I’m going to fit in, but hopefully I can have a good Saturday too.


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: