July 2, 2022

Saturday - Hot and sunny


I woke up before my alarm this morning. I was alone and sweating. It was so hot in our room. Yuck. I went downstairs and came back up and had a nap. F came back a bit later but had to go to his massage. 


After he came back we talked a bit about where to go for lunch. It was a toss up between Arpeggio and Monami in the Daiichi Hotel. We decided on the hotel since I needed to do a couple of things in the mall.


We got to the mall and went in. We were able to be seated in the hotel’s dining room and after a bit ordered. We had the same thing, roast pork but we had different sides and drinks. It came with salad and bread or rice. I had bread, F had rice! F had iced coffee, I had iced tea.  We paid and then left.


I looked at a few things in the mall and then bought F a drink in Doutor. I left him at the table and went upstairs and ran my errands. I wanted to go to the hundred yen shop to get my stuffed animal from the seal campaign. I got it and a few other things. I joined F at the coffee shop and got my own drink. 


After a while I read on Facebook that there was a problem with our internet/phone provider and many people didn’t have phone service. That was interesting! We tried to phone a bento shop to make an order, but we couldn’t. F was upset to discover that he couldn’t even phone me sitting next to him in the car!


We went to the bento place after a lot of detouring and F got his mother a bento. We came back to the house and he gave it to her.  We left soon afterwards.


We went to Mikawa Mall and did a little shopping. F said that he needed shoes so I introduced him to Skechers. He did get himself a pair.


We drove around to the movie area of the mall and parked there. F and I went in and bought our movie tickets. Then, we had our dinner at the bibinba kiosk.  We both had our usual, the pork kimchi one. They were good. 


We ate dinner and wasted a bit of time. Then we went over to the cinema and bought our popcorn and went in. Tonight we went to see Elvis, the new Baz Luhrmann movie. We both really liked it and I thought that Austin Butler was excellent. 


We came back into Tsuruoka after the movie and made a quick trip into a convenience store. Back at the house we just relaxed and I blogged and F watched something on his computer. He’s gone to sleep a bit I think.


I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. You’ll have to come back and find out, if you are interested! Until tomorrow….

No comments: