July 1, 2022

 Friday - Hot and Sunny - Happy Canada Day


Thursday was an okay day until we got going.  In the morning, I did a couple of loads of laundry and hung them up in my room. I watched one episode of something off the DVR and also watched some of The Mentalist. 


I packed my suitcase, got a few things ready for our trip. I got some of the bags out for going to Costco. I was ready!  F got back to the house at a reasonable time and he got ready to go. He brought some bentos for his mother so that she wouldn’t have to cook while we were gone. 


I asked if he wanted to eat before we left, he said he didn’t. I told him that I did, but would be happy to grab something small at a convenience store. He was fine with that. We loaded the car and then set out. When we got to a convenience store, I tried to show F where the hotel was on my phone’s map app. I couldn’t get it to work properly and instead of zooming in I zoomed out. He got angry with me and told me that he’d do it on his own phone. Which he probably should have done in the first place. He wouldn’t go in the store with me and he wouldn’t let me buy him a drink for the trip. Sigh. 


I got an onigiri and a sandwich and a bottle of water. I ate them in the car. We had a pretty quiet trip down to Yamagata. I didn’t feel like talking much to F and he was in a bad mood so he didn’t talk. We stopped at Sagae for a pit stop and then drove to our hotel. 


Sadly, there weren’t any parking spaces left at the hotel, so F had to drive to another parking area. I waited at the hotel with the bags. I checked us in and then we went up to the room. It was a really nice room. We had a queen sized bed, and it really was and a lovely bathroom too. We spent a couple of minutes relaxing and then decided to go out for dinner. We ended up going to an Okinawan Izakaya near the hotel. We had a good meal, but F ordered and didn’t ask me what I would like! We agreed on one main dish to share and then F ordered 3 other dishes that I didn’t want. One of them was really good, but the other two were a bit meh. I had a root beer (in a frosty mug…Yay!) and later on I had an actual drink, a hibiscus sour. It was okay.


We went back to the hotel via the convenience store and then up to our room. I discovered that I could sign into my Amazon Prime Video account from the TV so we decided to watch a movie. F chose Sing and we watched it. I had seen part of it before, and enjoyed watching it again. F fell asleep on it, but he’d driven all the way plus worked a full day in heat and had three drinks so I understood it.


I watched something else and then turned off the TV. I went to bed a little early. It was a bit difficult to sleep because my eye mask was too tight. I usually wear a sleep mask because F’s alarm clock and computer can make the room really bright. I didn’t take my usual mask and the one I did have with me was tight. Oh well. I woke up a couple of times in the night, but managed to sleep fairly well.


F got up before me in the morning and took a bath or a shower or maybe both! When he finished, we went down to breakfast. F had the Japanese style breakfast, I had the western one. Mine was good, but quite messy. 


We went back up to the room, I took a shower and packed up my suitcase. We left the hotel a few minutes before 11. We walked over to the parking building and drove off to the Aeon Mall. At the mall, I bought some of my favourite rooibos tea and then we went to Aeon and F bought himself some clothes. He did offer to get me something too if I wanted, but I didn’t.


We drove off to Costco and, well, it wasn’t a great success. F was being rather a jerk again. I didn’t have a huge shopping list and was doing my best not to buy a bunch of crap that we wouldn’t use. I got my must-haves and asked F if he’d like anything. He did his usual not caring bit, so I got things that I liked for myself. 


After we paid, I suggested getting some dry ice to keep our cold food cold. He wanted to go to the car and get the cooler and put the dry ice in it right away. I didn’t understand the point really, but whatever. In the end I told him I didn’t care what he did. He went off to the car and brought the cooler back, then bought the dry ice. We packed the cooler and then headed for the car. I was pushing the buggy for a change and just as I was starting out, F yelled at me to watch out. I asked him what he was talking about. There wasn’t anyone near me. The nearest person was about 10 feet away. He got mad at me again. I got on the moving walkway up and he didn’t. He ended up being two groups behind me. He seems to think that I’m an idiot who aims for other people. I get so tired of him telling me to watch out for hazards that aren’t anywhere close. Oh yeah, at one point today he yelled at me for almost banging my elbow on the shopping cart. I didn’t. He said it was because he moved the cart…who asked him to? I mean…why yell at me for that? I wouldn’t have been badly hurt if at all. 


We put the food in the car and F was being his usual unhelpful self. He would hold a bag up while I tried to put things in it. If he’d put the bag down into the cart I could have seen what I was doing. So annoying. We both got angry with each other. 


We went back into Costco to go to the Food Court. As usual, F did the thing where he went up to the cashier but wasn’t ready to order. I changed my mind a few times, but decided to get the roast beef sandwich and F got the bulgogi bake. We both got sodas. We had to wait for a bit to get a table, but finally did. I got the drinks and we ate. My sandwich was expensive and it was really good. I enjoyed it a lot. I did suggest doing a bit of swapping but we never did that. When we finished, I got us some ice cream. That was nice!  It was really hard to get F ready to leave. He was watching videos, which drives me crazy. 


We went back to the car and started driving back to Tsuruoka. We just weren’t mentally connecting this weekend. Or ever if I’m honest. He got into a turn lane and then he’d ask if I wanted to go to a store that he needed to go straight for. After a detour we did go to Yamaya. I got a herb from their spice section, and another type of tea. I know, I know. I should stop!


We came back to Tsuruoka, we did make a pit stop along the way, but it was fine. We got back to Tsuruoka before it was dark. We unloaded the car and I put the groceries away. F and I came upstairs after he checked on his mother (she was fine) and had a bit of a rest.  Eventually, he went downstairs and gave her one of the bentos that she hadn’t eaten yet. We took a bit longer to decide where to go. F suggested an Izakaya and I was quite pleased, I also mentioned Foodever as a second choice. 


On the way downtown, F said that he didn’t want to go to an izakaya as his office mates were going out tonight. Sigh. We went to Foodever. We both ended up having Gapao rice and it was very nice. F did say it wasn’t as good as mine though! 


We came back to the house and had a quiet evening in. I went back on my computer and started blogging and watching some YouTube videos. 


And that’s about it for me. I enjoyed getting away for a night, I just wish that we had a better time together. I think F forgot that this was supposed to be a fun trip to help us celebrate Canada Day. 


Anyway, tomorrow morning, F is going to be busy again. He’s got his usual doctor’s visit and then he’s planned a massage for himself. I’m hoping that we’ll go and see Elvis tomorrow. I’m not a fan at all, but I like Baz Luhrmann’s films. Strictly Ballroom is still one of my top ten films of all time!


Come back later if you will and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: