July 3, 2022

 Sunday - Hot and Sunny


I went to bed at a ridiculous time this morning so I just slept in. I did set an alarm in case F wanted to do something in the am, but as usual, he didn’t.


I roused myself around 11 but we didn’t go out until 1ish. F seems to think I don’t need to eat on weekends! We discussed a few places to go but decided on trying the yakiniku place in Amarume again. We couldn’t phone them to make a reservation because the phones were still out this morning. I’m not sure if they are back yet or not.


We drove to Amarume and were able to get seated right away. We were very close to their last order though. At first, we didn’t receive their lunch menus so we thought we’d have to order something really expensive. Luckily F asked and we got them. We both had the same thing, the Korean style lunch and then we added on a caesar salad and drinks for each of us. We had a good meal. My only complaint is that the Korean side dishes weren’t spicy enough. 


After lunch, we checked out the farmers market part of the building and I picked up quite a few vegetables. I got broccoli, zucchini, eggplant and decaf coffee! That one was for me! We also bought some cake that I’ll serve with dessert for tomorrow night.


We drove back into Tsuruoka and discussed what we wanted to do. We didn’t really have any plans. F suggested driving to far places, but I reminded him that  gas is super expensive these days. He suggested going to the beach, but I said it would be hard on him walking on crutches. We then decided on going to the Chido Museum. 


We spent a bit of time at the museum looking at the latest exhibit but for me, it was a bit boring. All the info was in Japanese but none of the articles really interested me. F enjoyed them though, and that was important.  After he finished, we went downstairs and separated. He went to the washroom and I went to look at the garden. It was as lovely as ever. 


We decided to take things back to the house as it was so hot I worried about leaving the produce in the hot car. I also thought we should check on K as we’d been away for hours. 


She was fine as it happens, and I got the veggies put in the fridge, so that was good. I hid the cake upstairs because if I didn’t, K might be tempted to eat it!


F and I left a little after we arrived and went for coffee at Komeda’s Coffee. However, we didn’t have coffee. We had kakigori! I had a caramel one and F had an aloe/muscat one. His tasted good, but I liked mine better!





We bought some groceries. I have veggies now, but I needed a few other things. We picked up a few things and then came back to the house. I put these groceries away and then we came upstairs and relaxed for a while. 


Around 8:30 we went out for dinner. It was just Gusto, but I really wanted to have drink bar since I feel really dehydrated.  Sadly, I didn’t have a great meal today. I had noodles of all things and they were a bit meh. F had chicken and I’m not sure how he felt about it. We shared an order of fries and they were pretty good. Yay!


We came back to the house. I took a shower and didn’t watch any TV. I have a lot to catch up with from this weekend now. That’ll be good to do tomorrow if I can.


And that’s about it for me. I have a few housekeeping sort of things that I want to catch up with. I hope it isn’t too darn hot again. I won’t want to move if it is. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: