July 4, 2022

Monday - Hot and Sunny


It was very hot went I went to bed. I hated to do it, but I turned off the AC.  I fell asleep and then when I woke up, I realized the AC was on again. F must have got up and turned it on again. I was rather glad. 


I went downstairs and while I was there I saw K. She told me that she was going out with her daughter today. Good for her!


I snoozed a bit and then got myself out of bed and downstairs. I was a woman on a mission. Today, I cleaned out the veggie compartment of the fridge. There’s been a ton of water/liquid in the bottom for a couple of days and it is pretty horrible! Anyway, I think it was some of K’s pickles that leaked. Sad to say, they did not survive the cleaning out. 


After I did that, I swept the staircase up to our room. It was needing it, even I thought so. I was covered in sweat when I finished. It was so hot in the daytime. Bleck. I grabbed my breakfast and came upstairs to eat. 


Today I spent a bit of time watching some of the programmes off the DVR. I decided to watch The Handmaid’s Tale as it is so difficult to watch at times. Some interesting things happened in this one as usual. 


I had lunch a bit after two today and I went downstairs and was surprised to see that K was back! I hadn’t heard her come in. I grabbed my lunch and again, came upstairs to eat it. I spent a bit of time on my computer and also watching the news. F came by for a few minutes after 4 pm and then went back to work. He’d gone to Akita today for work. 


When F called later to say he was finished work, I went downstairs to get ready for dinner. I was a busy camper. I made a bean salad, cooked some broccoli and made skewers in my air fryer with some of the Costco wieners and some veggies. I even washed and prepared a few raspberries as part of our dessert.


I set the table, called F downstairs and got dinner on the table. K didn’t turn on the AC downstairs until F came down. I was rather miffed at her. I was so hot in the kitchen that I was sweating, my clothes were soaking wet, but she doesn’t see any need for the AC. Grr. 


Dinner was a little later than I like it to be, but it was pretty good. The skewers were good and so was the bean salad. Dessert was good too. We had cake from the farmer’s market yesterday, ice cream and raspberries. Yum.


I did the dishes afterwards of course and it took a while. At first I was really good about keeping up with the dishes, but it got to be a bit difficult after a while. Still, they got done.


I went upstairs and F came at the same time. I decided I’d watch something off my Apple TV, so I watched the second episode of The Essex Serpent and the second episode of Loot. I haven’t made up my mind about that one yet. 


And that’s about it for me. I remembered around 2 am that I hadn’t prepared the plastic garbage for F to take out when he leaves in the morning, so I went downstairs and did it. I didn’t want it to wait another week, so I thought I should get it out. 


I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow, but I think you should come back and find out! Until tomorrow….

No comments: