July 7, 2022

Thursday - Hot and Sunny…too hot again!


Another hot day today. I know it is summer, but it seems even more hot than it should be. I went to be around my usual time this morning. I did hear F when he got up, but didn’t wake up until he was gone. Then, I had to go downstairs, so I did that. I came back upstairs and I’m afraid I went back to snooze for a little while.  I watched the rest of the  news when I woke up and then took another snooze. It was so hot in the room. I did open the windows, so there was a small draft, but it was just as hot as before. Even my fan didn’t cool me down much. 


I roused myself a little late and thought about doing laundry. I checked what I wanted to wash and there didn’t seem to be that much, so I let it slip for today. I probably should have done some. 


I ate my breakfast a bit late and then I’m afraid I went onto the bed to read my book. I fell asleep. I’m thinking of it as a siesta! I didn’t actually open my book, so don’t blame it.


I went downstairs to get my lunch and decided that I was going to turn on the AC upstairs when I came back. It was over 31 degrees in our room, which is a little hot for this prairie rose. 


I watched something off the DVR and did some of my usual computer stuff. At 4 pm I watched the US news. Why is none of the news good? I’m always sad when I watch the news. Maybe I should stop. 


F called me around 5:30 I think and I went downstairs to get started on dinner. Tonight I had decided to roast some veggies and to heat up some pre-cooked chicken wings I got at Costco. They were Curry flavoured. I also made another cucumber pickle, mostly because I know that K likes them a lot! I prepped the veggies, I did some potatoes, onions, a carrot and some mushrooms. They turned out quite well. 


Surprisingly F came downstairs early…he thought that I had called him, but I hadn’t! I was in the process of putting food on the table, so I invited him to have a seat!


Dinner was good and most of it disappeared. There was enough left for me to make a plate for K’s lunch tomorrow and a few random leftovers that I might serve at dinner tomorrow night. 


I did the dishes and listened to a podcast. After the Canadian news I listened to a movie podcast where they take two movies with similar themes and compare them. The first one was Lawnmower Man, which I did see but yonks ago. The one I’m looking forward to is Virtuosity with Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe. It was one of the first movies I saw with Russell in it…he was bad, but he was darn good at it!


When I finished I said goodnight to K and then went upstairs. I changed after a little rest and then we went out. I suggested going to Mina, a grocery store nearby and F was okay with that. He wasn’t doing that well, so I offered to do the shopping without him. He was okay with that. 


I went around the store and got the stuff I wanted to buy. I was nearly done when F showed up! He thought I needed another shopping bag. I was fine. I really didn’t need to buy that much tonight.


He went to the drugstore and I finished up my shopping. I paid for the groceries and then went to the drugstore to meet him. He was going through the checkout so we met and walked back to the car. 


We came back to the house and relaxed. I decided not to take a shower tonight…although I probably should have. I watched something off Amazon, The Boys…first episode. It was something. I’ve heard bad things about it, but the first episode made me want to see more.


I watched The Rookie afterwards as well. I turned off the TV afterwards and got on with the business of blogging and catching up with all things internet


That’s about it for me for today. I do have to do some laundry tomorrow, and hopefully get some other things done. Come back later if you like and hear about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: