July 6, 2022

Wednesday - Hot and sunny, humid too


Before I went to bed last night F was moaning and groaning. He did that a bit after I went to bed too. This morning I woke up to him announcing that he wasn’t going to go to work. I rolled over and went back to sleep! I didn’t have a lot of patience with him. Not only wasn’t he going to work, but he’d misplaced his glasses and then found them and was making all sorts of noise. My alarm went off at its usual time, but I turned them all off. We both stayed in bed rather late. 


I went downstairs after a while, but came back to bed and slept more. Oh well. I rarely do that with F. I didn’t watch the morning news either. 


I dragged myself out of bed a bit after 11 and stayed up. Around 12:30 I grabbed my very late breakfast and then ate it in bed. I was trying to read some of my book, but didn’t get to read much.


After breakfast, I opened up my computer and checked out the rest of the world. After a couple of hours I asked F if he was hungry. He said he’d make lunch for himself and his mother…I mentioned that I’d left her a plate in the fridge, so she wouldn’t be too hungry if she ate it. I went downstairs first to make my lunch, because I knew I’d be fast! I went down and made my usual lunch, brought it back upstairs to eat it.


I had a quiet afternoon. Around 4 pm I put on the TV so that I could watch the US news. It was fine. After that, I watched the recorded news from early in the morning. 


I talked to F about dinner. I let him know that there was a salad in the fridge that we should eat, so I suggested having bentos. He was up with that and looked into his favourite fish place. Unfortunately, they weren’t open so we tried a different place. F called to order the bentos and went off to get them. I stayed here and started on dinner.


I went downstairs and turned on the air conditioner in the living room and opened the door to the kitchen. I prepared some cucumber pickle and also heated up the kettle in case there was soup. There wasn’t!


I set the table and when F came back with the bentos we ate. I had a bibinba that was very nice, and we all enjoyed tea, salad and a bit of guacamole and chips too. 


After we ate, I cleaned up and did the dishes. There weren’t too many, so it didn’t take too long. I listened to a couple of podcasts and I enjoyed listening to them.


When I finished doing the dishes, I prepared the garbage in the kitchen for F to take out tomorrow morning. I hope he is able to do that. I put it in the genkan and went upstairs and did it up there too!


We had a fairly quiet evening. I watched a couple of TV programmes and turned off the TV at midnight. F has gone to bed, he says he’s going back to work tomorrow. He is having back problems now though. Sigh. 


This was definitely not the day I had planned or thought would happen, but I’m okay with that! It was nice to spend a little bit of low-key time with F. I just wish that he was in better health. 


Tomorrow I’d like to do a bit of sorting out of clothes, especially if I remember to turn on the AC first. I’ve got a ton of clothes and I really need to send a few to their final resting place. Or something like that. I might do some laundry too. I hope so anyway.  


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: