August 10, 2022

Wednesday - Hot and sunny, muggy


I managed to get to bed early again last night, but sadly this morning I woke up early, even before F had to. I came back to bed but I was so hot that I brought my fan over to the side of my bed and ran it. I couldn’t have the air conditioner on, this was a pretty good substitute. 


I overslept a bit because I had woken up earlier and I missed the news. Oh well. I also did some text chatting with a friend. We were hoping to get together on Sunday but we aren’t sure if we will be able to. The train lines are a bit weird at the moment because there has been a lot of rain and flooding in areas.  


I had planned to snooze, but channel surfed and found The Father with Olivia Colman and Anthony Hopkins. It was great if a bit of a downer. I snoozed for a few minutes and then went downstairs for breakfast. I grabbed it and came back upstairs to eat.  After breakfast, I got really tired again so I took a real nap.  


I got up and went downstairs and grabbed my lunch. I was a touch early today. I was a little sad that K hadn’t eaten the plate of lunch that I had made for her, but that’s okay. She didn’t have to. I had some of the same leftovers and they were yummy.


I brought my plate upstairs to eat and watched an episode of TV that I had on the DVR. I had planned to watch something on the Fire Stick too, but F called to say that he was returning to the house for a bit. He was driving someone today and had time to visit. He came to the house and brought us all some ice cream. Yay! I made him a drink while he was here and we relaxed and chatted a little.


F went back to work and I watched the news. When it was over I turned off the TV.  F called close to his usual time to say he was finished work, so I went downstairs and got started on dinner. I had to turn on the AC in the living room. K just sits there and looks at me while I close the doors. It was still darn hot in the kitchen, but at least I got some cooler air in there.


F came back before I really started on dinner. It was nice to see him. I think K was a bit annoyed with me because I turned on the lights in the living room along with the air conditioner. F doesn’t like it when she sits in the dark, and neither do I!


Tonight’s dinner was a good one.  I did burgers from the store, they just had to be microwaved. I took some of F’s rice from the cooker and made a type of jambalaya from it. I had a spice packet and I added a couple of ingredients from the fridge. We also had some sesame tofu and some kabocha salad and a regular salad too. Everything disappeared!  Both F and K said they liked it. That’s good really.


I originally thought that this green pepper looked like it was upset about being part of dinner, but a friend
said it looked like it was singing.  What do you think?

I did the dishes afterwards but it didn’t take too long, thankfully. It was horribly hot though. The AC was still on, but it just doesn’t get cool in the kitchen. Sigh.


When I finished the dishes, I did up the garbage downstairs and put it in the genkan for F. When I was done, I went upstairs and did up my garbage in the room. I got F to do his as well.  I changed my clothes and put on my water pot. I decided to watch something off the Fire Stick, so I chose Fringe. It was a good episode so yay.


I took a shower, which I really needed. It has been so hot and sticky lately that I just have felt like I should shower every five minutes!


I returned upstairs, watched Grey’s Anatomy, and then turned off the TV. F seems to have fallen asleep. I would like to get to bed fairly soon.


Tomorrow is Mountain Day, so F has the day off. Hurray. I hope. I’m not sure what we’re going to do. He suggested going to Yamagata city area and going to Mt. Zao. I said no. If everyone is going to the mountain, I don’t want to be there too! It’ll be too busy.


That’s it for me. Come back later if you like and hear all about our Mountain Day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: