August 11, 2022

Thursday - Hot and Sunny, humid


I slept in today and that was nice. F didn’t wake me up for a change and I got to have a fairly relaxing morning. F made brunch for his mother and then we went out for our lunch. I had suggested going for yakiniku, and F was okay with that. We went over to Togashi and were able to get a table right away.  We had some very nice yakiniku and some oolong tea to drink.


After lunch, we ran a few errands. We grabbed some new drinks from a nearby hardware store…they sell them in large quantities. I suggested delivering them back to the house since a few years ago there was a disaster in the car where the heat caused some soda to explode. We did that.


Although I thought we were going out again right away, we didn’t. We ended up taking a nap, at least I did. I had hoped to go out again soon, but F didn’t want to. 


We finally left around 5:20 and picked up a nice bento for K and I got a couple of salads for tomorrow. We delivered the food back to the house and then went out again. We hit up a drugstore and then F suggested something about dinner. He suggested going to Blackbird Market, a restaurant that we have gone to a couple of times. It’s a little pricy but the food is good. 


We were able to get a table and decided to get the dinner set. It came with a gorgeous salad, a paella dish and a risotto dish and then dessert and a drink. It was very nice for us, but F chose the shrimp paella. It was okay, but I’m not a huge shrimp fan. The risotto was good. Our dessert, which we didn’t get to choose, was rare cheesecake. It was fine, but to be honest, I don’t like cheesecake much at all. The coffee was good and quite strong. 


After our meal, F wanted to get something so we went to a drugstore. We went to a drugstore, one I have a loyalty card for, and when we paid for our stuff, F got his own loyalty card. What?  Why? He loses every type of card that he is given so I’m not sure why he wanted one. Because he is older, he gets a discount on certain days, the days that we almost never go shopping on, so what is the point?


In the car on the way back to the house F asked if I wanted to get ice cream, but I didn’t. He asked me if something was wrong and I should have just shut up and said no. Instead, I tried to tell him how upset it makes me that he keeps getting these loyalty cards when I already have them. He’s done this to me at two drugstores now, and the electronic shop we usually go to. He kind of freaked out. He kept saying that he’d throw his cards away and even pulled over at one point, took his newest card out of his wallet and tried to throw it out. I don’t know if he actually did or not. It makes no sense to me. He loses everything and I don’t. Of course, I understand that there are times when we aren’t together and it’s fine for him to have a card, but why on earth does he need to keep doing this? When we go shopping in these places now, he won’t even let me use my cards. I have lots of points or whatever and I don’t even know what I can do with them because he won’t ask for me, or tell me. 


We got back to the house and instead of going inside, he remembered he needed something else so he wanted to go to Yamaya, the import and liquor store. He asked if I’d go with him and I said I would. 


We drove over there in basic silence and then went into the shop. He got his beer and I got a few things for the house. We both got some munchies. We left and then F decided that he needed to go to another drugstore. We went in and he told me to use my card. I was going to buy my own stuff and just ignore the whole situation. When I met up with him in the store, he took my stuff out of my basket and put it in his. Sigh. I used my card when we checked out and then in the car he gave me his card from the store and said that Japanese wives use their husband’s cards and it was stupid not to use his since his gets a discount. Thanks. So now I’m stupid too. 


We came back to the house and it has been fairly quiet ever since. I watched a couple of shows on the Fire Stick, Severance and The Tick, and then turned off the TV. 


It’s been fairly quiet since then, but he’s still awake and it is quite late. Tomorrow he is back at work if he feels okay. I need a break again. I’m thinking I may have to take a few days alone in September. I have a thing in October so I may wait and stay away a few extra days and do some soul-searching. Right now, I just don’t want to continue with the stress of fighting over stupid things. 


So that’s it for me. Mountain day was not the lovely day I hoped it would be. It started well but ended badly. 


Come back later if you can be bothered and hear about my Friday. Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: