August 12, 2022

Friday - Hot and humid, cloudy and dark at times


Last night before bed, things weren’t going that well.  When I went to bed, F had turned off the air conditioner about an hour before, so it was hot. I think the temperature was up to 28°C so I was very uncomfortable in bed. And then, a friend of mine in Canada had a problem with an app and ended up calling me on my phone…twice! I’ve done something similar another time, but hubby was mostly asleep and I was trying to sleep.  I turned on the Do Not Disturb and went to sleep. 


I didn’t hear F leave this morning and I was a sweaty mess when I woke up. I got up, went downstairs and tried to watch the news. I got some of it I think.  


I had to do some laundry today and did a couple of loads. I did personal stuff and a load of towels. I wash the towels in hot water so the bathroom gets a bit steamy. I turn down the water for the rinsing functions. 


I relaxed, ate my breakfast and grabbed the clean towels and hung them up in my room. While I was doing that, I watched a movie off the DVR. It was How to Build a Girl. It was okay, not the greatest ever, but it did have a few interesting things happen.


I went downstairs and grabbed my lunch and came back upstairs. I ate my lunch and it was very nice.  During lunch, I decided to watch an episode of The Mentalist. Actually, I was going to watch Fringe, but I have to pay extra to watch it so I passed. Sigh. Guess I won’t get into it after all. 


I texted F to see how he was and he asked me to call him a bit later. I think it is a bit funny, he usually does that when he wants to get out of a meeting or something!


I did call and we chatted for a minute before we hung up. I watched the news and then after the news relaxed for a bit.


F called a bit later to say he was on his way back. I went downstairs and got started on dinner. 


Dinner was a simple one tonight. It was just pasta with duck breast and salad. It was very nice. I got it ready before 7 pm and I called F down. He said he’d come, so K and I started. I finished my first bowl of pasta and F hadn’t come down yet. I decided to go up to see how he was. He was asleep! He was really tired. I woke him up and he came down, but he didn’t eat very much at all. 


I did the dishes afterwards and they went rather quickly. That was nice. I went upstairs around 8:30 and the room was dark. F had gone to sleep. He did wake up a bit but for the rest of the night was in and out of sleep.  I took a shower around 10:30 but watched an episode of The Boys before I went downstairs. I did a little crochet too. I’m working on a scarf for myself. I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it though. It is taking a while.


And that’s about it for me. F wants to go to the doctor tomorrow, but he thinks that probably the doctor’s offices are closed for Obon. I hope he’s okay though.


Come back later if you like and hear about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: