August 6, 2022

 Saturday - Sunny and warm, gorgeous day


Today turned out to be pretty good. That’s a good thing!


I woke up this morning when my alarm went off. I got up and did a bit of a change. I didn’t get completely dressed, but I got to the point where I could just throw my outside clothes on easily.  F came back from his doctor and we talked about lunch. He wanted ramen and of course, I didn’t. We ended up going to Tai where we both had curry! We also had drink bar which was nice too. 


After lunch, we went over to Hard Off and had a look around. Neither of us saw anything that we wanted to buy, so we left the shop. 


F needed some gas, so we went to the gas station by way of the grocery store. It was in the afternoon and I suggested getting something for K. She’d eaten in the morning and F didn’t leave anything for her to eat.  We picked up a few things for her and my favourite yogurt and then F suggested some ice cream. That was fine with me!


F gassed up the car and then we headed to the house. We relaxed for a bit and F and I ate our ice cream.  F wanted to go and check out the car dealership as he had seen another car that he was interested in for the future. We drove over there and of course, they didn’t have the car he wanted. They had one that was being worked on, and they said we could look at the outside of it. It was in the garage and we stood outside the garage and had a gander. I didn’t like it much if I’m honest. The door handle for the back seat is up on top of the window rather than under the window. I told F that I didn’t think his mother would be able to work it. He disagreed, but I’m pretty sure I’m right! They gave us a bunch of brochures and then we left.


On the way back to the house, F said he needed to visit a bank machine, so we drove over to one. On the way, we talked about dinner. He wasn’t very hungry either. I suggested that we go to an udon restaurant and we drove near it but then all of a sudden, F asked if I’d like to go to the mall in Mikawa. I said sure. We talked about going to a movie so I suggested going back to the house and grabbing jackets or sweaters. Sometimes the movie theatres are really cold with the air conditioning and the extra air being circulated for safety. 


We did that, we grabbed jackets and sweaters and F told his mother that there was food for her in the fridge. I think he pointed it out to her.


We drove out to the mall and F made a slight detour on the way! He turned to go to work, and couldn’t get out of the turning lane. We did a U-turn down the road and came back!


At the mall, we parked and then went up to the movie theatre. It was busy. We didn’t have to use the machine to buy our tickets tonight, we got them from a guy. There was a new Japanese movie starting tonight that was very popular, so the place was crowded. We got out tickets and then went to eat. Sadly, my favourite pasta place was still closed, so we went to the bibinba place. 


In a change of tradition, I didn’t have my usual. I had one with a lot of vegetables, and I think no meat. F had the usual one. Tonight, I ordered for us and then told F that I wasn’t going to put any extra sauces on them. They are heavy, the bibinba bowls in their wooden boxes, plus we were having drinks too. I had to carry them separately so I needed two trips and the mall was busy. I would have to wait to get sauces and do that twice, so it gets difficult. In the end, I did regret not getting more sauces as they were a little bland. Still, I’m not too upset!


When we finished our meal I took back the bowls and then we walked over to the cinema. I wanted popcorn, so we got into line. The line was the biggest I’ve ever seen. I sent F off to wait somewhere else and then I stood in line. I got my popcorn and our drinks and then we had to get into another big line to go into the cinema. They temperature-checked us and then we got in. There were only 6 people in our theatre!  It was fine though. We saw Thor: Love and Thunder again. I actually enjoyed it a little more today as I could hear the dialogue better.


After the movie, we came back to the house and had a quiet night in. F went to sleep a little while ago. 


Tomorrow, F has booked himself a massage for the early afternoon. After that, we’ll probably have lunch. I think I’ll go to S-Mall and do a little shopping while F is getting worked on! Yay for me.


I’m not sure what else we’ll get up to. Please come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: