September 24, 2022

Saturday - Rainy and then clearing and sunny


I woke up this morning at 8:00 am. I didn’t want to you understand, it’s just that F had set his alarm and then got up and didn’t turn it off. Then, he had the audacity to leave the room!


I woke up and had to go downstairs. It was rather a busy place, the washroom at 8:00am. 


I went back to bed and when I woke up about two hours later, F was out at his car appointment. I got up and got dressed. F’s next appointment was at 11:20 and I had asked for a ride to the mall. F was a little late getting back, and when he did, he made his mother something to eat. We left and as it was raining, he very nicely dropped me off at the mall’s door. He might have been a couple of minutes late for his appointment too. Oh, dear.


I went into the mall and hacked around. I bought myself a pastry and a tea at the bakery as a light breakfast, then checked out the grocery store and upstairs, the hundred yen shop. I got a lot of stuff at the hundred yen shop. I bought myself a new steamer basket as K has stolen mine. I think she thinks I stole hers, but I didn’t. F and I bought it for me. I got a new one and I’m going to hide it. 


Downstairs at a kitchen goods shop, I was able to find something I’d been looking for, a pasta fork. My current pasta fork was bought at a hundred yen shop and has had a lot of use. I’m a tad worried it will quit on me one night.


It was around the time when F should have been finished, so I waited for him near the door. Eventually, I saw the car drive up to the parking lot entrance and I waved. F picked me up and we drove off. 


We talked about where to go for lunch and decided that we’d go for yakiniku today. We drove out to Shonai-machi and were able to get into the yakiniku place right away. On the way, we saw lots of herons, some of them were really close to the road too. It was cool. 


Lunch was great. F surprised me by making his yakiniku 50% larger. I didn’t do that with mine, I figured that F would end up sharing his with me and I was right! Lunch was good. 


We had a quick run around the farmer’s market store but didn’t buy anything. I’m not cooking today or tomorrow so….


F suggested going to the salmon breeding area and I was up for a drive. We drove there but when we got there, the staff was cleaning the tanks and we couldn’t see any of the salmon. The water was murky and full of branches and stuff. F asked if I’d like to walk to the nearby pond/power spot. I would have, but F is still on crutches and he’s spent the last couple of days complaining about his knees. It had rained this morning so the trail would be a little muddy. I just thought it was a recipe for disaster. Hopefully, nothing would happen, but if F fell, I wouldn’t be able to help him very much. He saw the sense in not going, so we didn’t go. 


We did take rather a lot of photos of dragonflies though. That was fun! I love dragonflies.




 


F suggested going to a little cafe we had found via a friend of mine in Yuza. They sell something called Oyaki. They are sort of balls of dough filled with nice stuff. We drove off and found it. We got seated right away. I had an oyaki with cream cheese and fig, and F had a miso and eggplant one. It was a nice place to go. I drank some ume soda and F had some amazaki. 


We came back to Tsuruoka and got K a bento at a grocery store. We came back to the house and I went upstairs. F gave his mother her food and then came upstairs too. 


We relaxed for a while and then F suggested going to Gusto for dinner. I was fine with that, so off we went. When we finished dinner, F wanted to go to the grocery store so we did that. 


We came back to the house and relaxed. I took a shower and then watched a little bit of TV. F took a shower too. After that, I watched some YouTube and started blogging.


And there you are. I’m up to date. I’m not really sure what we’ll do tomorrow, it depends on the weather and how F feels I think. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


 


 

No comments: