September 25, 2022

Sunday - Hot and sunny


I woke up at my usual time this morning, went downstairs and then went back to bed for a while.  I finally dragged myself out of bed around 11. Dear dear. I got dressed and waited for F to come and talk about what he wanted to do today.


We decided that we’d try a new place for lunch. We got a new magazine this month with some new places listed, so I picked one, F said it was okay, and off we went. 


This place was in a newer area of the city. There’s been a lot of growth in the area, with a new hospital and a bunch of new buildings going up.  The cafe itself was nice. We were the only customers for a while. Their menu is mostly Japanese curry, but they also have smoothies and popcorn! I enjoyed my meal, F thought it was a little expensive. 


After lunch, we headed over to the Chido Museum and did a little tour of the place. We didn’t go to all of the buildings, just the main exhibit hall. They had a bit of a mishmash of different things. They had swords, armour, maps and a really trippy painting of a battle with headless corpses and heads on sticks. It was quite brutal. 


I needed a drink after the museum, so F suggested going to Aomoriya. I was okay with that. We had to wait for a while as it was busy.  I had iced tea, F had iced coffee and we each had a lovely fruit tart. I had one with figs and grapes that was nice, but not quite as good as I hoped. 


When we were rested and feeling a bit more like ourselves, we left the cafe and then did our grocery shopping. I went into the grocery store by myself. That was good. I got something for dinner for tomorrow night and then some stuff for lunch and for F and K’s breakfast tomorrow. 


I came out to the car and then we drove over to Gyomu Super. I bought a few things there, but not a lot. We came back to the house.  On the way, F and I talked a little about dinner. He had wanted to order bentos from his favourite fish place, but when we checked them out, they were closed. It seems that they’ll be closed for a bit. Oh, dear.


I suggested going to Misono. It’s a Japanese place, run by a family, and they have ramen and other food too.  F agreed with my idea and we took K out with us. Of course, I put away the groceries first!


Misono was quiet when we went in and we got a table. K and F had a type of ramen and I had pork piccata. It was good but not great.


We came back to the house after dinner. I wished K goodnight and went upstairs. I watched a bit of TV. I watched another episode of The Essex Serpent and then an episode of Bake-Off where they checked in on the bakers. That was cool.  When that finished, I watched the Project Runway finale. I enjoyed it a lot.


And that’s about it. F is asleep and to be honest, I’d like to have an early night for a change. 


Come back later if you like and hear all about my Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: