May 10, 2023

Wednesday - Warm and sunny


I woke up this morning at my usual time, went downstairs and came back to the room. I watched the BBC news, got dressed and then went back to bed. I heard the doorbell ring and I ran downstairs and….it was a guy in a uniform. There were a bunch of heavy work trucks on the road in front of the house. The poor guy said something but I didn’t understand. I used my Google Translate App and after a few false starts I found out what he wanted. He was asking for permission to park in front of the house for 30 minutes. Of course I said it was fine. 


I went back inside and tried to go back to sleep. The guys outside were a bit noisy, so I couldn’t sleep for a while. However, once I fell asleep, I was out and ended up oversleeping a tad. 


I dragged myself out of bed, went downstairs and then came back up and took down some laundry. Once it was in the machine, I grabbed my breakfast and then came back upstairs to eat it.  I ended up doing two loads of laundry and I hung it up in our room.  


Lunchtime came as it always does and I went downstairs and grabbed my lunch. I came back to the room and ate. I watched Yellowstone and it was a bit odd, since a lot of it had to do with punishing a ranch hand that has been acting strangely lately. 


I followed that up with another episode of The One that Got Away. It’s just a really silly show. I’ve got two more episodes left! I think it got cancelled…probably deservedly!


F called a bit after 5 and said he was on the way back. I was ripping my new cds to my computer and managed to get them all done. I’ll have to listen to them soon. 


I went downstairs and got a start on dinner. I didn’t do anything fancy or difficult tonight because I just didn’t feel like it! I heated up some hamburgers, fried rice/pilaf and cooked some frozen okra. We had a salad with that too. When F came back tonight he said he didn’t feel well. I didn’t take it too seriously though because he always says that.  He went upstairs and I had to give him his walking stick to get up the stairs. That wasn’t usual.


I got dinner on the table and called F down. He came and we had a pretty decent meal. There were leftovers of rice and a burger, so I made a nice plate for K’s lunch. She polished off the salad tonight and was going to finish the okra too until I asked to have some of it. It’s quite interesting how she does it! She offered it to F and he said no and then she was going to dump all the leftovers on her plate. She’d already taken some…so I asked for it. I don’t think she wanted to give it up!


I did the dishes but since there weren’t any pots or pans tonight it all went rather quickly. I was done around 8:30 I think.  I went upstairs and watched an episode of Schmigadoon! and then went to take my shower. 


After my shower I came back upstairs and watched another episode of Sanditon. It was a really good one, where the heroine went looking for her friend and two of the baddies hooked up on the floor on top of a snake mosaic! That’s not symbolic or anything. When it finished, it was just after midnight, so I turned off the TV.


F is feeling bad. He’s got a high temperature and is complaining about having headaches. He was lying in bed without his quilt and I’m bundled up in a shawl and a sweater in front of my computer. I feel pretty bad that I wasn’t more sympathetic earlier. 


So, that’s about it for me for today. If F is still feeling bad tomorrow he’ll likely take the day off. He was supposed to have a work party tomorrow night, he probably won’t go now. The only bad thing is that I only bought food for K and I last night because F had a party! 


I do hope F is feeling better tomorrow. If he still has a temperature then he shouldn’t go to work. I don’t know what is going to happen if he stays here all day tomorrow!


Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: