May 6, 2023

Saturday - Rainy and cool


I woke up early again this morning, but as I’ve been doing lately, I went back to sleep. I got up around 11:00 again and checked my computer. I got dressed and a little later F and I discussed what we were going to do for the day. I asked him to call the eye doctor for me, which he did. We found out that they don’t take appointments. Sigh. Why not?


We talked about lunch and I suggested going for yakiniku in Amarume. F was fine with that idea, so off we drove. It took a while to get there, but the drive was nice even if it was wet and soggy.


Lunch was very nice. We both had the same thing, the lunch special. It came with a few pieces of good quality meat to cook, a salad, some rice, some soup and kimchi. We added on a drink each too. After we finished eating we checked out the farmer’s market store across the hall and only bought negi for F. 


We came back to Tsuruoka and came back to the house. We rested and relaxed for a while. I remembered that today was the Coronation of King Charles, so decided that I didn’t want to go out in the evening to see the movie after all. I suggested going out to get bentos before all the ceremony started and then F was suggesting going out around 4:30. I was a bit put out because I was still full from lunch. We finished lunch just after 2, so I really wasn’t hungry yet! We waited another hour or so.


We went over to the J. Marui near MaxValu and bought bentos for all of us. We also bought a few things for F and K’s breakfasts and a few snacks. Then we came back to the house. F gave his mother her bento as she’d eaten earlier.


I couldn’t find the Coronation on any of the Japanese channels so I turned to YouTube. I put it on the Fire Stick so that F could see it if he wanted. I had to channel hop a bit to get everything, but was able to see most of it, so that was good. 


After the Coronation, F and I heated up our bentos and ate. I had to switch to another channel to catch the balcony appearance, but that was okay. 


I also took a shower tonight and I watched FBI as well. It was quite a good episode. I am missing the usual female agent, she is rather good. 


Anyway. I’ve been watching YouTube for the last couple of hours and I’d like to get to bed fairly soon. Tomorrow is the last day of Golden Week and I’ll have to do grocery shopping and getting mentally ready to go and work in the evenings again!


I’m feeling mostly recovered, although I still find I get very stiff at times. The last couple of days we have been taking it very easy so it does help me recover a bit. 


Well, that’s it for me. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….

No comments: