June 15, 2023

Thursday - Cloudy, hot and humid


I woke up this morning and did my usual morning things. I watched the news, sorted laundry and then took another snooze. I did manage to drag myself out of bed earlier today. Woot! I took the new sheets downstairs to the washing machine and washed them, then grabbed my breakfast and took it upstairs to eat.


I hung up the new sheets around our room and they are mostly dry now. I’m hoping by tomorrow morning I’ll be able to change the sheets on the bed. That would be lovely!!


I had a fairly quiet morning and early afternoon. I went downstairs to grab lunch a little late, but no big deal. After lunch, I put on one of yesterday’s episodes of The Handmaid’s Tale. It was…a bit odd. I’ve been debating not watching it but I think it’ll be ending soon, so kind of want to hang in there until the end. I have another episode to go as well.


F called me to say he was coming back and I went downstairs to get a start on dinner. I did rather well tonight I think. I did hamburgers from the store, but I made a veggie-steam with cheese, zucchini, onion and mushrooms. pickled some cucumber, made bibinba rice and prepped some radishes. I was busy in the kitchen. Woot! Dinner got good reviews, K even made a special point of telling me it was good!


I did the dishes of course afterwards. It wasn’t too bad as most of the dishes weren’t too dirty and I didn’t have any pans to do. I listened to my podcasts and did my work.


When I finished in the kitchen I was a sweaty mess. So lovely. I went upstairs and decided to watch something off the Fire Stick so I watched another episode of Fringe. When that was over, I watched The Rookie on the regular cable channel. It was okay. 


Basically, that was my day. F told me tonight how he thinks the schedule of his surgery will go and I’m a bit worried now. It might be soon and we have NOTHING put in place for me to feed K and myself while he’s away. At the moment, I don’t even know if I can visit F while he’s away. 


Tomorrow I’ll do some more laundry, maybe put the bed together with the new stuff and I’m on K duty for dinner. F thinks he’ll be late home from work tomorrow. I hope K’s looking forward to having pasta! I know I am.


Come back later if you like and hear how Friday goes around here. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Do you guys have food delivery or grocery delivery services where you live? Hopefully F will help you figure something out so you don't have to struggle while he is away.

Helen said...

That would be nice, wouldn't it? I have no idea. F seems to think his mother and I can live on air! I don't.

I'll talk to him again about it. It would help, but I'd prefer to go out and do it myself if I'm honest. Not sure how I'll do that unless I take a lot of buses or taxis, or his sister offers.

Thanks for visiting...