June 28, 2023

 Wednesday - Hot, humid and then rainy


I got up this morning a little late. I woke up, but it took me a few minutes to get moving. I did get up, watched the news, got a bit dressed and then took a little bit of a nap. 


I got up early for me and did the stuff I usually do on a Wednesday morning. I got dressed and went downstairs. I said goodbye to K and then left. I didn’t have to wait too long at the bus stop for a change. I’m happy about that. I took the bus all the way to S-Mall. It stopped at the hospital and I thought about F upstairs. 


I went to the hundred yen shop and had a look, and I looked around the mall a little. I decided to go to the Daiichi Hotel for lunch. I think it was a good idea. I had their special meat lunch today, it was a slice of roast pork and came with salad, bread, dessert and a drink. It was very nice. I paid and left. 


I walked over to the nearby grocery store and did a bit of shopping. I used a shopping basket so that I wouldn’t buy too much. I decided to get bentos for tonight’s dinner as today was so hot that I didn’t want to do much cooking. I picked up some salads and some yogurt for me, as well as some things to make dinners with.


I walked back to the mall and went to the bus station. I had to wait about 15 minutes for the bus, but I was inside, in a lightly air-conditioned place and out of the sun, so I was okay. The bus trip back was on the longer leg of the loop too, but it was fine. It was rather interesting seeing all the different streets in my area. F doesn’t often go down the roads that the bus does.


When I got off the bus it was just starting to rain so I walked fairly quickly to the house. I came in and unpacked my groceries. I put some of them away and put some in the kitchen. I took a few things upstairs. 


For a couple of hours, I turned on the AC in my bedroom. It was so hot up here, it was over 31 degrees and so humid that I feel justified doing it! I sipped some of my sports drink and tried to cool down a bit. 


I went downstairs around 5:30 to get dinner started. I decided to go a bit earlier today. I made a cucumber pickle thing that I know K likes. I bought cucumbers today! I also put out the beets and some mugi-cha.  I heated up the bentos and we had our little feast. I had bought katsu-don for us both and it was really nice. I was surprised! The pickles were good and I think we both enjoyed our meal. When we finished I gave K one of the new freezie things that I bought at Costco. I had put a bunch in the freezer yesterday. They were great! They had real juice in them, mine was sour cherry and I liked it a lot. 


I did the dishes and then did up the garbage. I brought down the garbage from upstairs and took it all out. Yes, technically it is too early to do it, but I know that I likely won’t be up and dressed to take out in the morning. It was pouring when I went to the gomi station, luckily I took my umbrella! I still got quite wet.


When I came back in I said goodnight to K and went upstairs. I relaxed for a while with the AC on again. I got a phone call from a handsome guy and it was so lovely to hear his voice. We talked on Monday, but he was groggy and feeling bad, so it was much better to hear from him tonight. He couldn’t talk for long, so we rang off. I reminded him that I would see him tomorrow too. 


I’m afraid I ended up taking a bit of a nap for a while. I could not drag myself off the bed. After a bit, I got up and watched a bit of a new Apple TV+ series, High Desert with Patricia Arquette. I didn’t like it very much. It might be just a rough first episode, but it was a lot about drugs and odd people, so I’m not sure if I’ll watch it again.


I took a shower downstairs. I just had a quick one tonight. It felt good to get clean after all the sweating I did today. 


I came back upstairs and watched Grey’s Anatomy. It was a Halloween episode and had its moments. I’m afraid it wasn’t as good as last week’s, but next week looks like it will be rather good, with a bunch of former doctors on. Woot.


I turned off the TV after midnight and began my nightly evening stuff. I watched a bit of YouTube and now I’m almost done. I did get to bed a little early last night, it might be a good thing to get there early tonight too!


Well, that’s it for me for tonight. Tomorrow I have to try and make lunch for K. There weren’t any leftovers from today’s dinner so I’ll have to feed her before I leave. I should make my own lunch too, but I have to leave before I usually eat lunch. 


Anyway, that’s it for me for today. Come back later if you like and hear all about my day. Until tomorrow….


No comments: