July 8, 2023

Saturday - Rainy and cooler


I didn’t set an early morning alarm for myself this morning, so I slept a little late. That was wonderful! I didn’t really get myself moving until the afternoon. Oh well. Had no plans for today anyway.


I had my breakfast and when I came upstairs to eat I noticed that a movie I had wanted to see was on the cable channel in a few minutes. I decided to watch it.


I watched Licorice Pizza this afternoon. I didn’t really like it if I’m honest! It wasn’t awful, but I didn’t have an idea what the director wanted to say. The performances were quite interesting and it certainly evoked the 70s. It had a great soundtrack too, so that was good!


I went downstairs after the movie and grabbed a very late lunch. I noticed that K hadn’t eaten too much for her lunch, so I asked her if she’d like the noodles that have been waiting for her in the fridge. She said yes, so I prepared them for her. Maybe she wasn’t sure how to do it?  It was just opening the packages and putting them out! She seemed happy.


I went back upstairs and relaxed again for a bit. I didn’t really want to, but I went downstairs again around 6 pm and started dinner. I wasn’t sure if K would want to eat a lot tonight or not, since we’d both eaten within the last 3 hours. 


Tonight I did toaster oven chicken, salad, cucumber pickle and bibinba rice. I got everything done and put on the table by 7 pm. Yay me. I called K and she came out to eat. She was in her pyjamas most of the day but put her clothes on for dinner. I find that rather sweet if I’m honest!  


I wasn’t sure if she would want to eat a lot or not, so I put out small plates for us. Well, we ate quite a bit! It was fine though. K polished off most of the cucumber again…there were two Japanese cucumbers which was a little surprising! We had quite a bit of the bibinba rice, I thought there’d be more left tomorrow, but no problem. 


I did the dishes afterwards and it didn’t take too long as there weren’t any pots and pans today. I finished putting things away and ran off to the ‘loo. When I came back, K had already gone to bed. Oh, dear. I wanted to say goodnight. 


I went upstairs and sent F a text. I hadn’t heard from him today so I wanted to check on him and say hi. We texted for a little bit until I finally told him that he should go to sleep! He’d gone to a concert at the hospital today that he really enjoyed. 


After I said goodnight to F, I watched another episode of Miranda and laughed myself silly at it. The show manages to be both hilarious and very touching at the same time. There weren’t too many episodes made so I’m trying to only watch one per day.


At 11pm I watched CSI: Vegas and enjoyed that. I don’t know how many more weeks it’ll be on though. 


I watched a lot of YouTube since midnight and winding down to get to bed soon. Last night I was quite late getting to bed, so I should go earlier today too. I was debating going out tomorrow, but I don’t really have to, so I think I’ll just stay in. I am planning to go out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so another quiet cool day might just be in order. 


So, come back later if you like and hear what I get up to on Sunday. Until tomorrow….


2 comments:

Rosa said...

Love Miranda Hart! She also was so great as Chummy in Call the Midwife.

Sounds like F is living it up in the hospital! lol. But seriously, hopefully he's getting good care there. Rehab and physical therapy make all the difference for a good outcome to that kind of surgery.

Stay cool!

Helen said...

She is great, isn't she? I loved her in Call the Midwife too. I should really go back and finish the series. I think I first saw her in Not Going Out, a British sit-com. She played a cleaner who didn't clean or something...she was so funny. If you haven't seen Miranda (the series), check it out. It also has Tom Ellis (Lucifer) in it and he's yummy!

I think it was a classical music concert...F loves classical music so I'm glad that he enjoyed it. He is getting physio most days too. I hope he'll be okay to handle the stairs when he gets home.

Thanks for visiting!