September 23, 2023

Saturday - Cool but sunny

Well, Thursday was a good day. I didn't go out at all that day, but I think I needed it. I watched a bit of TV and went to bed at a reasonable time. I still woke up in the middle of the night.

Friday was a good day. I got up, showered and had breakfast, then got ready to meet my friend. I was prepared for her to come really early, as she usually does, but she was basically on time. She got stuck at a railway crossing waiting for a train!

We headed into Edmonton and had lunch at Earls. It was nice. She had a stir-fry that she liked a lot, I had a Poke bowl. The waitress asked me if I was okay with raw fish before she took the order to the kitchen. I inwardly lol'd at that. Lunch was quite good. We shared a dessert and couldn't finish it and then left to go over to the cinema. I found out later that my sister and niece had gone to the same restaurant but probably just after we left!

We went to see A Haunting in Venice, the latest Branagh-Poirot film and we really enjoyed it. And the cinema....the seats! Oh my goodness. After the movie my friend asked me if I'd like those seats in my local cinema...I said yes, but I'd rather have them in my house! Comfy reclining chairs with leg rests. Oh my. I think I'm spoiled to see any other movie now! We each had popcorn and a water...movie was fun and just the right amount of spookiness. We had a great time!

After the movie we visited Roots, a clothing store. They have plus sizes too, and had a big sale on. I ended up getting myself a long dress that I can wear around the house in summer and a pair of sweatpants. Those will come in handy in winter in Japan when the house is freezing. The saleslady who rang up our purchases was very friendly and a lot of fun. It made shopping there seem even better than it was.

We made a quick stop at a Starbucks for some tea as I was dying of thirst. Well, not literally, but it felt like it. I think it was all the salt in the popcorn. 

We came back to Beaumont and she dropped me off. We'll be getting together next week for our little shop/staycation. I'm already looking forward to it.

At my sister's, they were barbecuing steaks for dinner, so we ate soon after I arrived. We had steak, corn on the cob, bread, salad and it was all lovely. I really enjoyed it. 

After dinner, we watched an episode of Severance...most people fell asleep on it...and then a movie called To Catch a Killer but IMDb had labeled it as Misanthrope. It wasn't too bad at all. 

We all went our separate ways around midnight. I stayed up for about an hour more, but went to sleep and mostly slept through the night. I got up this morning around 8:30 I think. 

Well, that's me up to date. I have no idea what I'll get up to over the next couple of days. Come back later if you like and hear all about my VayCay in Canada!

Until next time.... 

No comments: