October 1, 2023

 Sunday - Warm and Sunny

Yesterday was a fairly quiet day.  

My sister, her husband and I went out for supper to Thanh Thanh in Edmonton and had a lovely meal. We had green papaya salad, honey chicken, spring rolls, some curried beef and some special chow mien. It was very good. 

After we finished eating, they took me on a little cruise through downtown Edmonton and I even got to see the Neon Light row and we even took a bit of a drive down Whyte Avenue, my old stomping grounds. It was great in all honesty. 

We came back to the house and watched a couple of episodes of The Continental and then maybe something else that escapes me. I wasn't too impressed with The Continental if I'm honest. 

This morning I woke up first around 7:30 and then got up around 9:30. I had breakfast and came downstairs to use the computer and blog. My nephew suggested that we go and have lunch today since he had a bit of time today and couldn't be sure about the rest of the week. 

We drove into Edmonton and had a lovely lunch together. Despite me being the person who invited him, he paid for us both. I'll have to find the way to pay him back later on, even if it means being sneaky!!

He drove me to a grocery store where his mother was doing some shopping. I needed some food too, so he  came in to say hi to his mother and then he left to go home. I grabbed a bit of food and then met up with my sister. We went through the checkout and then came back to the house. 

I watched an episode of Loki, which I had been hoping I'd be able to see and then I put on an episode of Agents of Shield. Obviously, my sister's family has Disney+. I do not and I hated missing the final season of a show I loved and had watched religiously for years. I hope I'll be able to watch the rest of Shield before I leave.

And that's me up to date again. I'm realizing how little time I have left here in Canada. Sigh. I've managed to get a lot of the things I needed, but there are a few more things I'd like. I'm still hoping to get another pair of jeans and maybe more socks. Another dress, if I can find one that I like would be good too. 

Anyway, I'm not sure what I'm going to be up to the rest of the day, or even tomorrow! Come back later if you like and hear all about my days in Canada. 

Until next time....

No comments: