October 11, 2023

Wednesday - Cloudy and coolish

Well, yesterday turned into an eventful day after all. My sister and I went to the bank to see about getting online banking for me, which went well. They asked me some stuff in the bank and then I came back to my sister's home to set it up. 

Unfortunately, when I came downstairs to sign on to the computer again, I missed the bottom step as the stairway is quite dark and ended up almost falling. I really gave my right leg a good shock and while I can walk, doing stairs is a bit difficult. 

I was able to sign up for the online banking, which will make things easier for me to pay things from my account overseas and also to keep an eye on my account. 

My friend arrived promptly at 1:30 and we went out to Starbucks in Beaumont. We had a great time and then she asked if I'd like to drive into the city with her. She was going to Pennington's to get a pair of shoes for a family friend. I said sure, so off we went. I wasn't able to buy nylons, but I got more tape to keep clothing attached to skin and a pair of lacy tights. They were expensive so I hope they last!

When I came back to Beaumont with her we hugged and took a couple of pictures. Then she left. We've had a great time together this trip.

I came into the house and ended up watching 2 more episodes of Agent of Shield. My nephew was bored by it so I watched an older episode of Loki to catch up!

My sister and her husband made steak for dinner so that was a nice thing. I've probably eaten more steak this holiday than I do in a year back in Japan! I am NOT complaining! Later on, my BIL and I watched Jeopardy which was a lot of fun. We did great at some categories, not so well in others. 

I went up to my room around 11:30 I think and packed a few more things in my suitcase before bed.

This morning, I got up reasonably early and had breakfast. After breakfast I got stuck into packing and got basically all of it done. Tomorrow I'll still have to put my nightclothes and what I'm wearing today into my suitcase. I hope it doesn't weigh too much, but I didn't have to expand my large suitcase, at least not so far!

My sister and I had lunch and then I watched the last two episodes of Agents of Shield and I'm not too embarrassed to say I was a bit weepy at the end. I have really enjoyed the series and I'm so glad that I got to see it all. I did a bit of my shawl too, which is growing quite well. I'm nearly done the first ball of yarn but I'll have to put it in my suitcase until I'm back in Tsuruoka.

My nephew suggested going out for dinner tonight and I think we're going to do that. It'll give my sister a bit of a break. I'm not sure if she wants one, but I think it'll be nice.

My leg still hurts and I'm not sure how I'm going to get from the drop off point at the airport tomorrow to the actual airport. My BIL says there are luggage carts, I hope he's right. I'm all checked in for my first two flights so that is a relief. 

Anyway, this will be my last update from this side of the pond! Thanks for reading along and keeping good thoughts for me with my travels. Until next time.... 

No comments: