October 9, 2023

 Monday - Sunny and warm

Well, when did I write last time?  

I've been having a very good time here in not so little Beaumont. The weather has generally been very good and apart from one day being very cold, I've had such nice weather. It's sunny and warm today too.

Well, this weekend is a bit of a blur now. On Saturday, my sister, nephew and I went grocery shopping to get last minute things for our big Thanksgiving meal. I picked up a few things like slow cooker liners, air fryer liners and some more gravy and dip packets. They won't last forever, but it is nice to have some gravy with mashed potatoes for example for the next little while. 

We watched a movie on Friday night, it was Solomon Kane. It wasn't good. The actors, especially James Purefoy gave it his all, but overall not that good. Saturday night we watched Dungeons and Dragons: Honor Among Thieves with Hugh Grant who was wickedly fun and Chris Pine and Michelle Rodriguez. I enjoyed it, not sure if other people did or not! It had played in Tsuruoka but only in Japanese so I didn't see it then. Last night we watched The Take which was a pretty dumb British movie set in France with Idris Elba and Richard Madden. It was okay, it was short but didn't make a lot of sense at times. 

Yesterday, Sunday, we had our Thanksgiving meal. My sister and her husband were very busy cooking the turkey and the many side dishes. I helped here and there, but mostly left them to it. My niece and her boyfriend and their dog came for lunch and we were all quite stuffed afterwards. It was really good. I particularly enjoyed the turkey and the ham. Ham in Japan just isn't the same, and not many people have an oven big enough for a whole turkey. 

Unfortunately, my niece and her boyfriend had to leave early as his brother needed help, so they left and I didn't get many pictures with them. That made me rather sad, but it was understandable. 

A little later in the day, we had a second meal of leftovers (yummy!) and then watched the movie. My sister and her husband were tired, so went to bed early. I went soon after. Oh, in the early evening, I got to watch another two episodes of Agents of Shield. I am digging it so much! I have about six more episodes, so I hope to watch more today or I might have to get the Disney Channel for myself!

I FaceTimed my hubby last night. It was the first time this trip and it was nice to see him. He said his English was rusty. Oh dear. He hadn't been using it at all. 

Today I had a lazy morning, but did sort of pack one of my suitcases. I'm not sure if I will fit everything into my cases! I hope I can. 

Anyway, that's about it for me. It's a bit mixed up time wise, but I'm on holiday!

Come back later if you like and hear all about my days. Until next time....

No comments: